Banquet Dishwasher - CityFlatsHotel, Holland
Employment with Suburban Inns is more than just a job!
Responsible for washing and properly storing all cooking utensils, china, equipment, flatware, and glassware while following local health department standards, Suburban Inns’ Core Values, and Hilton standards, as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform, presented neat and clean
- Greet guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Wash all wares in dishwashing machine or by hand according to the highest sanitation standards
- Collect and dispose of trash from all kitchen areas, empty garbage cans, wash, and reline with new bags. Break down boxes, crates, and remove debris
- Examine garbage for misplaced silverware, dishes, glassware, and other reusable items
- Wash and polish all stainless steel in the kitchen including shelves, dish cabinets, ice machines, refrigerators, walk-ins, etc.
- Wash and clean receiving, trash, and other kitchen-related areas
- Sweep and mop dish and expo floor
- Store all dishes and other wares in proper areas
- Clean dish machine and dish area after each meal period
- Perform other tasks such as assisting in food preparation, storing foods after delivery, and cleaning coolers, freezers, and storerooms
- Notify supervisor if inventories of soap, chemicals, and paper towels are low
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas
- Handle all china and glassware carefully to minimize breakage
- Continuously inspect floors in kitchen areas to assure they remain clean, clear of debris, and dry
- Assist in completing weekly kitchen cleaning and maintenance list
- Clean and safely store all brooms, mops, and other cleaning equipment in their proper places
- Follow all Suburban Inns Processes
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
- Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. Good communication skills
- Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
- License, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Communications: Daily- Verbal &Written
- Participation in meetings as required
- Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work team within the departments
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses
- Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change
- Manual Skills: Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations
- Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day
- Physical Environment: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable
- Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, and/or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs
- Occupational Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials
- Ergonomics Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, and heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures
- Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns
- Required Travel: Position does not require travel to other Suburban Inns’ properties, client locations, or other locations. Work is completed on property.
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines:
Uniform: Uniform shirt and hat will be provided. Suburban Inns approved black slacks or Dockers (no yoga-style) and black, close-toed, non-slip shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: All facial piercings must be approved by management. Gauges in ears are not allowed on anyone who’s primary job function is interacting with guests. Hair must be of a natural color, and kept well-groomed. All tattoos that are not covered by a work uniform must be approved in writing by management. Any tattoo that is deemed offensive to co-workers, guests, vendors or others in the workplace based on racial, sexual, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics or attributes of a sensitive or legally protected nature are not permitted and must remain covered or concealed at all times. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The General Manager has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with Suburban Inns’ business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and / or different responsibilities from those set forth above.