BI (Business Intelligence) Solution Architect I or II
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 4 weeks paid vacation and an option to purchase an additional week
- Priority Health Insurance
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can help us leverage Business Intelligence technologies to create a competitive advantage for Haworth and accelerate the speed in which we deliver high quality solutions to meet business needs. This Solution Architect role is instrumental in our solution delivery process. This role requires the ability to quickly understand new business requirements, determine how our current technologies can be used to support these requirements, architect a solution that fits within the vision of our Enterprise Architecture team, and when necessary, pursue new technologies to fill gaps in our technical stack. Once the solution have been architected, the Solution Architect works directly with the Solution Delivery team to help ensure the architectural vision is implemented.
As a Business Intelligence Solution Architect you will:
Define, document, and communicate technical architecture and roadmap for applications within multiple solution domains, following guidelines established by Enterprise Architecture team. Define, document, and communicate technical standards used by Solution Delivery team. Work with Enterprise Architecture team as subject matter expert to provide input on topics affecting his/her solution domains. Provide expert guidance to solve complex problems, as required by Solution Delivery support and project teams. Work with Solution Delivery Manager to establish best practices and standards for delivery and support within his/her solution domains. Utilize deep, technical architecture knowledge to support three or more technologies of business.
- Analyzes customer requirements to provide architectures for technical solutions within multiple solution domains (i.e., platform, technology, business discipline).
- Develops and presents solution architecture proposals to recommend technologies and methodologies, proofs of concept, high-level cost and resource estimates, and proposed support models, as needed by project.
- Works with Enterprise Architecture team to evaluate new technology within assigned solution domains to ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture standards and direction.
- Understands and follows standards defined by Enterprise Architecture team to ensure delivered solutions align with Haworth’s current technologies and appropriate staffing and skillsets can support solutions.
- Reviews solutions throughout delivery process to ensure developed solutions fit within architectural (Solution and Enterprise) guidelines.
- Creates and maintains solution architecture documentation (i.e., design documents and diagrams) to support business and Information Technology (IT) initiatives.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of emerging technology trends within assigned solution domains to provide key input into technology roadmaps.
- Participates, as needed, in project planning activities, such as project evaluations, charters, plans, and prioritization to ensure perfectly executed projects.
- Maintains application portfolio for all applications within assigned solution domains to ensure company has accurate inventory and lifecycle plan for every application.
- Participates in application/solution lifecycle management activities to ensure all Haworth applications/solutions are effectively and efficiently managed.
- Works closely with Solution Delivery Manager to define skills required by Solution Delivery team and create plans for member skill development to ensure team members are positioned to deliver effective solutions in timely manner.
- Mentors other technical staff in their areas of specialty to facilitate learning and development of other Haworth members and accelerate solution delivery.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer systems engineering, or similar field of study (In lieu of degree, 1 year of relevant work experience is needed for every year of education not complete)
- 8 or more years experience as a solution architect, including 4 years continuous and current experience architecting and implementing minimum of 2 solutions within target solution domain
- Experience using ETL tools including Business Objects Data Services and Microsoft SSIS
- Experience with modeling tools for SAP HANA or Business Objects Universes
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Business Objects and Power BI
- Current and continuing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to work and commute daily onsite to our Holland, MI headquarter campus without relocation assistance
Do you have the preferred qualifications?
- Experience with SAP SLT ETL tool
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Proven experience understanding the connection between customer needs, technology and overall business goals.
- Ability to learn/understand a new technology quickly
- Excitement for the use of the Agile Development Process
- Passion for Technology
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.