The Web/Marketing Specialist will be responsible for executing effective marketing strategies, assisting with campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign. Website performance, implementation, maintenance and updates, troubleshooting functional glitches and errors, advancing the user experience. This position will participate in digital publishing, document authoring, graphics development, site design and growth, testing, launching, measuring, reporting on key performance indicators, our customer base, and creating effective strategies that will promote the long-term growth of our revenue.
Essential Job Functions for the Web/Marketing Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
Planning- Overall Strategy and Growth
Driving- Events and promotions
- Works with Retail Sales Manager and Sales Team on strategies to reach particular audiences.
- Work with IT, Ecommerce platform, team members and Retail Sales Manager to set road map and execute site optimizations, enhancements and new functionality.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team. Incorporate changes recommended by the sales team and departments into the final design. Reviewing designs for errors with meticulous attention to detail before printing or publishing them.
Executing- Web Design and Marketing Pieces
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Develop and communicate marketing plans, campaign results and project recommendations to Sales Team.
- Measure and report on key sales performance indicators.
- Enhance the organization's social media presence. Develops, manages, and maintains social media content on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that promotes the Hope College Bookstore, its programs, and events.
- Using Constant Contact, create email updates, based sales, promotions, or other content provided by team.
- Effectively manages and prioritizes multiple tasks/projects while meeting established deadlines.
Follow up- Continuous Improvement
- Owns document authoring and marketing project production.
- Serves as developer for web-based initiatives.
- Create images that identify a product or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, marketing pieces, and the website.
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
- Programming, coding, and publishing of web pages, content, and graphics.
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines
- Manage site functionality and user experience on all digital platforms and mobile properties.
- Monitor site performance. Updates content and web graphics, and identifies any issues to make improvements that impact sales and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for promptly addressing operational issues on the websites and swiftly handling glitches and functional errors.
- Researching industry data and best practices to improve web content strategy and enhance discoverability.
- Analyze data to determine campaign efficiency.
- Open and close store as scheduled. Responsible for general maintenance of sales floor, including customer service, stocking, and driving overall store sales.
- Development of student staff. Encourage, teach and support the student workers and supervisors while modeling and promoting stellar customer service.
- Drive continuous improvement of all processes related to purchasing.
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as needed for the business and directed by their leader.
- Bachelor's degree beneficial
- Retail environment
- Marketing/promotions development experience
- Two or more years in marketing/customer service industry preferred
- Strong computer, telephone and communication skills
- Experience with Adobe & In-Design
- Experience with aspects of selling online to include listing, updating and maintaining product listings
- Editing/proofreading skills
- Social media expertise
- Extensive knowledge & hands on experience in eCommerce websites
- Self-starter & Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Self-disciplined, have excellent communications and design
- Be a self-starter, multi-tasker and have a strong work ethic
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
As part of the online application, candidates will upload a cover letter and resume. In addition, please enter the contact information for three references on the application (including current email addresses). Those references will be contacted by Human Resources upon application to submit a reference form.