Are you a manufacturing salesperson with a strong understanding of technology-driven improvement?
Founded in 1985, The Right Place, Inc. is West Michigan’s regional economic development organization. The Right Place serves both current and prospective West Michigan companies, connecting them to the resources they need to succeed. During this long history, the organization has assisted existing and new companies to create over 45,000 new jobs and over $5 billion in new investments.
We are seeking a forward-thinking manufacturing and operations professional to join our team at the The Center – West (formerly Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center) as a Business Development Specialist. This individual will help small and medium-sized manufacturers drive innovation by embracing technology and continuous improvement.
What your priorities are:
- Work with manufacturers to provide benchmarking and assessment services to better understand their current state and the potential improvement path. Assessments can be related to general manufacturing business practices or specific to Industry 4.0 evaluation, opportunities, or implementation plans.
- Create and act upon a sales plan to meet, visit, and develop relationships with small to medium-sized manufacturers in West Michigan to assess their opportunities for improvement, development, and growth. Work with clients and Center-West service providers to scope, develop, and sell proposals for improvements in client operations.
- Add value to small to medium-sized manufacturers across West Michigan and create both deeper and wider connections up/down/across manufacturing companies to drive strong engagement with the Center-West and Right Place.
- Identify potential new service providers from the public and private sector.
- Build collaborative relationships with other departments of Right Place and external partners to seek ways to address gaps or overlaps and create mutually benefitting value adds.
- Position the Center-West as trusted resources by supporting product/service promotional strategies.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Strong knowledge of all major business functions, particularly within a manufacturing environment, including operations, logistics, quality management, engineering, finance, and planning
- Diverse insight into the value and ROI of technology within manufacturing, particularly Industry 4.0
- Solid organizational skills and track record in handling multiple projects simultaneously with demanding timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with community leaders and businesses
If you aspire to take your passion to the next level and are excited about this role, then join our dynamic team now!
We offer the opportunity to make a positive impact on the economic health of West Michigan and to collaborate with the best and brightest business minds. Learn more about us at https://www.rightplace.org/.
The Right Place provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.