When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Buyer I to join our team in Holland, MI.
As a Buyer I, you will:
Execute supply chain strategy. Identify supplier quality, delivery, and service issues. Monitor supplier corrective action and coordinate supplier development. Identify and eliminate waste from supply chain.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Management, with 2 years of purchasing or sourcing experience
- If no degree, 3 years of purchasing or sourcing experience required.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
- Ability to travel overnight, away from corporate offices, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to transport self for interplant and supplier visits.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Previous ERP systems experience.
- Project management experience.
- Cost analysis experience.
- Negotiation experience.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Working knowledge of supply chain cost analysis and target costing techniques.
- Strong project and relationship management, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.