Chief Development Officer
Chief Development Officer
DESCRIPTION: Extended Grace/Momentum Center is a non-profit grassroots movement to create a stigma free community. The Momentum Center for Social Engagement is a social and recreational program for teenagers and for adults with mental illness, addiction and developmental disabilities.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: This position works to increase the financial stability of the Momentum Center through fund development efforts including Donor Development, Events Coordination, and Grants.
REPORTS TO: This person reports directly to the Experi-Mentor.
HOURS: This is a full-time salaried position. It is expected that a normal work week will typically be 40 to 50 hours, including some Saturdays and Sundays. Additional hours may sometimes be required.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal and fund development skills, as well as a passion for details. The ideal candidate will have proven experience raising money through donor development and grant writing. They will work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
- Proven track record of accomplishments raising money for relatively new ventures.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a nonprofit setting as an employee or as a volunteer.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Strong management skills, including flexibility, creativity, and ability to work in non-structured work environments.
- Strong organizational skills with close attention to detail, the ability to think “out of the box,” and the ability to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks at one time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bloomerang experience a plus.
- Social conscience and a desire for a more peaceful and just world.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Extended Grace/Momentum Center’s mission.
- Experience interacting with people who have mental illness, addiction and/or other disabilities, preferred.
- Work with Experi-Mentor to define the short-term and long-term fundraising needs of Extended Grace/Momentum Center.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plan, including strategies for growing a sustained base of annual and monthly individual donors.
- Identify and steward prospective donors, securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors, communicating with donors and staff via email, mail, phone and social media as appropriate.
- Engage in social networking opportunities and events.
- Mentor fundraising staff and recruit and train volunteer leaders.
- Staff the Donor Development and Marketing/Promotions committees.
- Manage Bloomerang, overseeing data entry and gift processing and maximizing its functionality.
- Oversee the organization and execution of fundraising activities and events.
- Identify, pursue, track, and report on new and existing sources of corporate and foundation funding, sponsorship, and Gifts in Kind.
- Create or delegate creation of solicitation materials to include newsletters, appeal letters, reports, flyers, brochures, videos, invitations, and other forms and formats.
- Manage grants by researching potential grants, identifying appropriate asks, coordinate and complete letters of intent and applications, track and report on the use and impact of grants received.
- Support business development with strategic marketing and sales plans and forecasts to achieve revenue objectives.
- Prepare fund development reports for Experi-Mentor and Board of Directors.
- Perform other tasks as needed and assigned.