We are looking for a Machinist to join our night shift team in Holland, MI. Your usual schedule will be Sunday - Thursday, starting between 5:00PM and 7:00 (Your Choice). You will operate various pieces of equipment to support our operation and help Skilled Trades, Applications, Controls, and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, build, program, and deploy custom automated equipment and solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Program, set up, and operation of machine tools such as mills, lathes, grinders and drill press. Typically, will be assigned a CNC vertical mill to be ran daily. Mazak, Hurco, Fadal, and Fanuc Robodrill machines.
- Read blueprints and machines metallic and nonmetallic parts to print tolerances.
- Import CAD data and use FeatureCAM software to program CNC machining centers. Will train the right candidate.
- Calculate feeds and speeds, adjusts for cutting conditions to optimize processing.
- Works to the schedule to machine details needed to meet OTD
- Perform PM on machines and maintains the housekeeping of the work area.
- Clearly communicates potential quality issues with management
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years prior machining experience or vocational school preferred
- Journeyman machinist preferred but not necessary
- CNC programming experience preferred but not necessary. Will train.
- $4/hour night shift premium.
- Overtime available.
- Ability to maintain a steady pace while bending, kneeling lifting, and loading machines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. as required.
- Ability to obtain a Hi-Lo (ForkLift), Aerial Platform and Overhead Crane license, along with Lock Out Tag Out training, while employed at JR.
- Ability to provide own hand tools and toolbox suitable for the job (a list of those recommended will be provided). Most tools and set up equipment are provided by the shop. Tool bill accounts are provided.
- Apprentice program available to become journeyman machinist if desired.
- Fast-paced, high volume, low qty runs.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverage the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. Founded in 1980, JR Automation now has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with nearly $800M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!