The Commodity Buyer - Steel role will oversee all purchasing functions related to raw material, purchased components and outside services to meet Metal Flow’s objectives of world class quality and maximum customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Evaluate and sourcing suppliers
- Monitor order statues and supplier interactions
- Communicating with suppliers and internal departments
- Cost and process evaluation and ownership
- Develop new and continue to build, develop and manage relationships with current suppliers to meet requirements for superior quality and 100% on time delivery.
- Actively participate in the APQP function and to monitor the release and follow-up on all production materials, equipment, outside processing activities, packaging standards, and systems set-up as required.
- Identify potential new suppliers for raw materials, purchased components and outside services.
- Establish and implement supply base strategies for key commodities and services.
- Monitor MRP and weekly forecasts to suppliers.
- Identify and mitigate risk in the supply chain.
- Work with scheduling to provide quarterly and annual forecast to key suppliers.
- Resolve any commercial issues associated with the supplier.
- Work closely with engineering and project management to understand project technical requirements, timing, and quality standards to indemnify and source the materials and outside services on-time and on-budget.
- Suggest and implement continuous improvement initiatives relating to raw materials, purchased components and outside processes.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Assist with meeting Business Plan goals and objectives for the purchasing department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing or business, or equivalent combination of education.
- 5 years in a transferable industry or position working with RAW steel and/or outside service procurement and negotiation.
- Knowledge of key raw material and outside services in metal stamping industry.
- Ability to analytically solve problems, communicate professionally and collaborate with other departments.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally.Demonstrated competency to work independently, organize and accurately prioritize work with attention to details and understanding of time critical situations.
- Continuous improvement mentality to drive cost reductions..
- Strong negotiation and contract review skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to details with strong analytical skills a must.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Knowledge of computer applications, ERP systems such as Plex and Microsoft office.
Metal Flow is a rapidly growing, innovative metal forming company with extensive value added manufacturing technologies focused on bringing value to customers and to the community we serve. The people of Metal Flow Corporation are deeply committed to providing the highest quality processes and products to customers around the world. We produce high volume, technically sophisticated custom metal components through the deep draw process using a variety of metals, and are actively seeking candidates who have an interest in working in a precision environment to create safety critical, quality product that serves primarily the global automotive industry. Successful team members will thrive in a fast-paced production environment while still maintaining organization, attention to detail, and a quality focus. Interested individuals should send a resume and/or application to our Human Resources department at HR@metalflow.com