Commodity Planning Supervisor
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Commodity Planning Supervisor to join our team in Holland, MI.
As a Commodity Planning Supervisor, you will:
Provide leadership in procurement of raw materials having significant inventory cost value and volatile, complex supply chains. Manage sources of supply for high risk commodities with limited sources of supply and/or long lead times that support customer requirements. Identify and implements continuous improvement activities that enhance overall inventory objectives for company.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business and 7 years of experience in commodity planning/purchasing, production planning and control, production modeling, or inventory and warehouse management.
- If you do not have a degree listed above, 15 years of experience in commodity planning/purchasing, production planning and control, production modeling, or inventory and warehouse management are required.
- 1 year of leadership/supervisory experience leading and developing individuals.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time, away from corporate offices.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Experience working with ERP systems, such as SAP
- Inventory management experience
- Commodity Planning (PO management with suppliers) experience
- PPDS (Production Planning/Detail Scheduling) experience
- PFEP (Plan For Every Part) experience
- Intermediate experience with Excel
- Experience in electronics, automotive, or furniture manufacturing environment
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Experience with production and inventory control procedures using Just In Time manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to analyze and establish parameters to support optimized production.
- Ability to prioritize multiple work activities based on emergent needs of the business.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities.
- Root cause problem solving skills.
- Ability to present to groups including members of management.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.