Construction Project Superintendent
Job Description Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. (O-A-K)is an employee-owned company and fixture in the West Michigan commercial, educational, and industrial construction landscape for over 120 years. From 19th century historical treasures to inspiring contemporary designs, our talented team continues to transform the landscape where we live, work and play.
We are seeking a full-time Construction Project Superintendent to join our Grand Rapids team. Leading commercial construction projects in the field, the Project Superintendent plans, organizes and manages the daily operations on the job site.
Job responsibilities include:
- Jobsite supervision, oversee all subcontractors and trades
- Develop, update and implement project schedules Implementation of quality assurance program Implementation of safety assurance program
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedure
- Assist in project constructability and value engineering, as appropriate
- Expedite and monitor material and equipment approval
- Oversee job closeout and provide
- Owner occupancy training Administer progress meetings
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and experience: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering, preferred, and at least 7 years of commercial construction experience.
- Construction Background: Expert knowledge of construction means and methods.
- Eye for Details: Accuracy is critical for success in this role. Candidate must have superior organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and decision-making skills.
- Willing to Travel: The majority of our projects are within a 1-hour drive of Grand Rapids. No overnight travel will be required. We strive to create a positive work-life balance and place team members on projects with consideration given to their location of residence.
- Trust: Our clients return to O-A-K because we are honest, genuine, and authentic; our sense of integrity guides our work. This is simply who we are, and this what we expect from each and every person at O-A-K. Candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with sensitive matters.
- Embodiment of our corporate values: Integrity, Community, Accountability, Flexibility, Teamwork
Apply today if you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company that can offer:
An attractive compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k profit sharing arrangement and health care benefits. Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun. The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you’ll do and the value you’ll bring. Variety of work tasks. The person in this position enjoys a wide variety of tasks and interfaces with several departments. No two days are the same. The work tasks are exciting. Stable, reputable company. O-A-K was founded in Grand Rapids in 1891. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout West Michigan with an average volume of $150 million worth of construction projects each year. Growth potential. The person in this position has a unique opportunity to take ownership of projects. As an additional benefit, salaried O-A-K employees have potential corporate ownership opportunities.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE http://www.owen-ames-kimball.com