Continuous Improvement Champion II
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 4 weeks paid time off and an option to purchase an additional week
- Priority Health Insurance
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Champion II to join our panels plant in Holland, MI. The level of position will depend on your experience.
As a Continuous Improvement Champion, you will:
Identify and implement initiatives using principles and continuous improvement process of the Haworth Management System (equivalent to Toyota Production System). Manage project and assure programs are of high quality. Process work will be required across every segment of value stream. Teach and facilitate lean transformation in both the office and manufacturing environments. Coordinate meetings and kaizen events for improvements and be involved as both a leader and facilitator, with the overall goal to drive reduction of waste from both process and quality standpoints. This position will be recognized by time and effort across all platforms of the organization. Building a plan in one plant and sharing best practices to others will serve as an opportunity to bring cohesive approaches on the shop floor. Doing so will raise member engagement and highlight the many opportunities we have at Haworth. This role has proven effectiveness in the past and will be effective moving forward as we understand the need for real time coaching.
- Implements HMS principles to drive continuous improvement across every functional area.
- Spend significant time with teams to facilitate implementation of our Haworth Management System (HMS), identify production flow, identify sequence of events, and define constraints or continuous improvement opportunities.
- Delivers foundational skills training to team members and actively coaches members to integrate skills into Haworth Management Systems process to ensure success of programs. Evaluates effectiveness of training and assures appropriate revisions are made, ensuring processes support corporate policy in areas of health, safety, and environmental assurance.
- Analyzes program progress, utilizing problem solving, surveys, and assessments to understand areas for continuous improvement of HMS Programs.
- Assists with coordinating and planning resources for training, including preparing and ordering training materials, scheduling, and budget management.
- Contacts and travels to manufacturing locations, universities, and seminars to obtain information relative to HMS processes, implementation techniques, and process assessment, to continuously improve state-of-the-art knowledge of techniques. Shares information with other members, via training and/or day-to-day contact.
- Reports periodically to Senior Continuous Improvement Champion and/or Manager regarding team performance, implementation schedules, performance to measures, and assessments of status of HMS and/or Continuous Improvement Process.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Technology/Information Services, Supply Chain, Procurement, Psychology, Communications, Philosophy, or equivalent area of study.
- 6 or more years of experience with demonstrated deployment of concepts that drive improvement.
- Experience within a lean manufacturing environment working with Total Business Management (TBM), Shingijutsu, Six Sigma, Simpler, Toyota, Honda, or Shingo Award concepts.
- Ability to be regularly exposed to production environment.
- Ability to travel overnight, including internationally, up to 25% of the time.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- 8 or more years of experience with demonstrated deployment concepts that drive improvement.
- 2 years of leadership/management experience.
- Lean certification (black belt)
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Proven leader in successfully managing large numbers of people, projects, resources and complexity, achieving superior results.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to production/distribution environment and climb/bend/move in a manufacturing environment.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
EEO, ADA, AA Statement
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.