Continuous Improvement Director
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Director ~ Holland, MI
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Director to join our team in Holland, MI.
As a Continuous Improvement Director, you will:
Direct and coordinate organization-wide continuous improvement efforts through Haworth Management System (HMS) to ensure lean management programs are developed and managed; set priorities for improvements aligned to ongoing strategic plans. You will develop and communicate strategic vision, scope, and mission of HMS. Assure organization-wide lean initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness. As a continuous improvement leader you will manage a team, participate in organizational strategic planning and provide leadership for HMS policy development.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain or operations OR 1 year of operations or continuous improvement for every 1 year of education in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- 15 years operations or continuous improvement experience.
- 7 years leadership/ management experience.
- Demonstrated deployment of continuous improvement concepts.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Working knowledge of Total Business Management (TBM), Shingijitsu, Simpler, Toyota, Honda, or Shingo Award.
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Experience leading and executing continuous improvement initiatives within operations and corporate environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience reporting directly to the continuous improvement department.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Demonstrated ability to develop team-oriented environment that fosters skills.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, problem-solving, and planning skills required.
- Ability to travel overnight away from corporate offices for extended periods of time, including internationally, as needed.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.