- Ability to use existing PLC programs to troubleshoot production issues.
- Ability to communicate and interact with the production associates and maintenance team members across the campus.
- Ability to modify existing PLC programs to address production and customer concerns.
- Ability to develop new PLC programs and routines to address production issues, customer concerns, and for continuous improvements.
- Ability to install and maintain traceability barcode scanners and printers.
- Ability to support two manufacturing plants working various shifts through occasional phone or remote access support.
- Ability to support overtime as necessary to protect our customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Study, institute and maintain efficient and safe work practices, procedures, facilities; by coordinating with the Human Relations Department and Manufacturing Engineering Department and keep them abreast of all safety and efficiency requirements to maintain an accident-free, high efficiency plant operation.
- Proficient with programming in Allen Bradley ladder logic.
- Proficient in the use of Rockwell Logix 5000, Studio 5000, and Logix 500 programming software.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages such as Function Block Diagram, Sequential Function Chart, and Structured Text a plus.
- Knowledge of Siemens Step 7 a plus.
- Experience with Allen Bradley servo motion control.
HMI Programming and Development:
- Proficient with the Factory Talk View Studio software development environment.
- Ability to modify existing HMI programs as well as build new screens or visual elements.
- Knowledge of additional HMI software such as Pro Face a plus.
- Familiar with the troubleshooting, commissioning, and use of field bus technologies such as IO-Link.
- Ability to develop, integrate, and maintain vision systems to create robust and consistent poke yokes on the production equipment using technologies from Cognex, Keyence, and/or Vitronics.
- Familiar with fastening/torque applications such as Atlas Copco.
- Familiar with data collection through OPC and SCADA solutions such as Inductive Automation Ignition.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot the IP addresses of various controllers, computers, printers, and other TCP/IP devices using utilities such as BOOTP and IP Ping scanners.
- Familiar with robotic systems such as FANUC, Yaskawa, Universal Robotics, or similar a plus.
- Familiar with databases such as Microsoft SQL Server or similar a plus. Familiar with scripting/programming languages such as Python a plus.
- 2-5 years' previous relevant work experience is required, preferably within the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to mentor and train others on controls.
- Excellent and effective communication skills. Ability to talk technically about the process and products to ensure the right information is communicated.
- Must have a consistent employment record to include good attendance and be capable of adapting to a participative teamwork environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $64,119.07 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Fanuc: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Software troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)
- Data collection: 3 years (Preferred)
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.