Customer Service Project Coordinator - Hekman Furniture (A Division of Howard Miller)
Point of contact for Hekman Contract Furniture customers, Independent Sales Reps, and Hekman Contract Sales Reps regarding all issues including ordering, pricing, product specs and availability, shipping, problem resolution, repair/damages and other service related issues. The position will closely manage specific accounts to coordinate production, fabric receipt, and shipping to ensure our items will deliver as needed by the customer. Must provide accurate information on all inquiries in a positive, professional, and timely manner.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage complete order cycle including referring products to meet needs, price quoting, entering orders, allocating inventory as needed, preparing paperwork as needed for shipments (including customer portals) to ensure all customer requirements are met. Also support after shipment.
- Coordination of CUSTOM build items that include submission of specifications, pricing back to customer, coordinating item set up in master files, managing receipt of custom sign off sheets, production monitoring and coordination of shipment.
- FABRIC: Work with Fabric Mills to find fabric details for order entry, calculate fabric grades per procedure/instruction, follow up fabric receipt for grade in and COM for timely production, and work with customer and mills to resolve issues.
- Set up and maintain customer master files to include proper sales rep assignment, accurate freight carrier and payment codes, acknowledgement email addresses, and text notes/shipping instructions for smooth information handling for customer, rep, and Hekman.
- Product knowledge is needed for the Hekman Contract items as well as the Hekman Retail and Howard Miller items. Need to be able to quickly access information from multiple locations to answer customer and sales rep questions. As well as maintain data base of information for others to answer FAQs.
- Work with and assist customers and sales reps with issues. With product, freight companies, invoices, repair staff, etc. Need to be timely, resourceful, use good judgement, and follow guidelines/ procedures to ensure resolution.
- Assist and support other members of staff as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Multi-task, ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent phone and email manner, positive attitude and team player
- Must have ability to reach sound decisions based upon customer needs, product knowledge, and policies.
Level of Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years customer service in a manufacturing environment
Job Type: Full-time
Link to Job posted on Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=project%20coordinator&l=Zeeland%2C%20MI&advn=737431940826231&vjk=1509a1801441bd75