Design Consultant & Custom Picture Framer
TYPE | Part-time
LOCATION | Holland, MI
SUMMARY | We’re looking for an outgoing, detail-oriented, and independent individual with a passion for art and an eye for design. This person will be responsible for providing professional customer service and artistic guidance throughout the design and sales process, as well as assembling quality custom framing orders and performing other related duties. Previous custom picture framing experience is desirable. However, it is not required, so long as an applicant is a dedicated and eager learner with an aptitude for good design.
APPLY | Send inquiries or applications (resume + introduction) via email to email@example.com
- Work with clients on the design counter
- Utilize POS system for taking orders, selling gallery items
- Process custom framing orders: cutting mats, frames and/or glass, fitting artwork into ready-made frames, stretching canvas, etc.
- Handle a wide variety of artwork with appropriate care and safety measures
- Communicate and collaborate in a positive, team-oriented manner with FMS staff
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed, or as assigned relative to an applicant’s unique background
- (3)+ years of college study or work experience, preferably in art and design or related field
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to accurately and efficiently add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Be a good communicator, a motivated worker, a creative problem-solver, and thrive working both independently and as a team member
Other desirable skills and experience | Leadership or management; Social media management and/or digital marketing (e.g. websites, Instagram, Facebook); Interior design; Woodworking; Inventory management
Physical demands | This job is far from a standard office job -- it is both mentally and physically dynamic. Although some accommodations can be made, the ability to communicate, lift and handle materials, and be on one's feet is important in this role.
- Paid training
- Flexible schedule
- Bi-weekly pay frequency
- Personal protective equipment provided for shop duties, as well as COVID-19 safety precautions