Director of Development
TITLE: Director of Development
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
Evergreen Commons is a 501.c3, non-profit, community benefit organization serving the older adult population in the greater Holland Michigan area. We have reimagined what it means for older adults to live independently and vibrantly in their residence of choice as long as they are able.
The Wellness Place at 480 State Street, provides platforms and opportunities for adults, ages 55 +, to participate in living life to the fullest by encouraging a healthy lifestyle in all its dimensions: spiritual, social, intellectual, emotional, vocational, financial, environmental and physical. Our nearly 70,000 sq. ft. offers a fully equipped fitness and pool area, wood-working shop, enrichment activities, educational classes, meal services, and fine arts programs.
The Day Center of Evergreen Commons at 55 W.16th Street, provides the services and programs that help older adults live longer at home. It features a safe and caring environment for adults who need assistance during the day. While caregivers receive much-needed respite, participants benefit from socialization, person-centered programming, and health monitoring.
Position Title: Director of Development
Lead and manage the advancement and fund development efforts of Evergreen Commons. Working closely with the President, the Director of Development will create and implement the overall Evergreen fundraising strategy. The Director of Development functions as the key representative to donors and potential donors, while also managing annual giving and fundraising events.
- Willing to live by the Organization’s Guiding Values and Principles.
- Develop strategies and lead fund-raising initiatives which includes annual giving programs, major gifts, and special events .
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on legacy/estate gifts .
- Establish and implement specific cultivation plans pertaining to key donors.
- Meet prospective donors, current supporters, and community leaders on a continual basis to establish and renew relationships potentially leading to additional financial support for Evergreen.
- Manage the donor communication strategy, calendar, and all associate pieces, ensuring there are consistent and compelling hard copy and electronic communications.
- Using data available in the donor database, provide Evergreen’s leadership team with key reports and information, analysis and feedback regarding donors, activities, goals, and outcomes.
- Achieve the annual goals and manage the advancement/development budget.
- Work closely with other Evergreen staff as it pertains to advancement functions, fund raising special events, and database management.
- Act as an organizational representative at community events and accept speaking engagements to share information about Evergreen.
- Bachelor’s degree: preferably in social sciences, marketing, sales, business administration, or related field—evidence of ongoing professional development.
- 5+ years of successful and measurable fundraising or closely related experience; minimum 2 years of leadership experience.
- High level of presentation and consultative selling skills with strong donor focus.
- Proficiency to work with and gain the confidence of the major donor community.
- Be a “self starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, listening, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the West Michigan culture and community values.
- Sound technology skills, including use of PCs, e-mail, Donor Management System (eTapestry), MS Office Suite, etc.
If interested, please submit your resume to Jane Van Den Beldt at email@example.com