Electrical Project Engineer
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 4 weeks paid time off plus an option to purchase an additional week
- Priority Health Insurance
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join our team in Holland. This position can be hired as a level 1 or 2 based on your experience.
As an Electrical Project Engineer, you will:
Focus on Haworth's current and future products in the areas of power distribution, lighting, wired and wireless charging, A/V, batteries, cable management, building automation systems and other office electrical/electronic technology. Conduct cost reduction activities to determine material, labor, and overhead costs. Investigate and analyzes competitive products to determine product performance, costs, and packaging methods. Provides technical direction to other staff members and interfaces at all organizational levels.
- Designs and develops solutions for new products, enhancements, and existing product lines through selection of materials, form, fit, function, design failure mode effect analysis and design reliability testing. Determines best practices and processes to minimize labor, material, and overhead costs, and assure manufacturability to increase market share and profitability.
- Participates in analysis of competitive products by evaluating materials, manufacturing processes, product performance, and packaging to determine competitiveness of product offerings.
- Creates test plans (Design Validation Plan and Reports [DVP&Rs]) with full understanding of Business and Industrial Furniture Manufacturer's Association (BIFMA) standards. Coordinates testing and analysis of materials, processes, and prototypes to be used for engineering performance and reliability testing; works with Quality Assurance to ensure all quality aspects of product design and manufacturing are met.
- Provides technical direction to various Haworth departments to ensure form, fit, and function of product design.
- Develops products or product enhancements; researches and periodically tests and validates product, using applicable global requirements, to ensure effect of design meets within global standards for regulatory compliance.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience in an electrical engineering role
- Ability to travel overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally, up to 25% of the time
- Current and continuing right to work in the U.S.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2 or more years of project engineering experience
- Product testing experience
- Experience with code compliance agencies (i.e. UL)
- Experience with power distribution products
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Ability to work cross-functionally to ensure products and materials produced meet functional requirements over life of product.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.