Elementary MTSS Paraprofessional
The Hamilton Community School District is seeking individuals to serve the district in the role of MTSS Paraprofessional. A paraprofessional providing Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) promotes continuous improvement in student learning by implementing timely interventions for students identified needing Tier II and Tier III interventions for small group instruction for students in grades K-4. This individual will initially be assigned to Sandyview Elementary. As the school year progresses, there may be need to re-assign to elementary buildings with greater MTSS needs based on regular evaluation of student performance data.
Location: Sandyview Elementary
Reports to: Building Principal
Assist teachers with the individualized instruction and care of students. This will occur throughout the day, including within the classroom, during recess, during lunch, and in specials classes. This position will also provide support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for:
- assisting with individualized instruction in reading and math
- lead small groups of learners and provide written and verbal feedback
- assist with utilizing data (Acadience, Fountas and Pinnell, EBLI and iReady) to make instructional decisions
- work within the paraprofessional team
- assist with assessing students with Acadience
- monitor recess, lunchroom and before-school activities
- manage students both in small and large groups
- other duties as assigned
Hours: Currently 28 hours/week, Monday through Friday, when school is in session. The position schedule will follow the Hamilton Community Schools school calendar.
Start Date: August 22, 2022
Rate of Pay: $14.24/hour (base)
- Must have a college degree; OR
- Completed 60 college credit hours; OR
- Successful completion of the WorkKeys skills tests in the areas of math, reading for information, and writing (The WorkKeys tests are available through West Michigan Works Office).
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work experience with elementary-age students, including students with special needs; experience with Acadience and other phonics-based reading programs, EBLI and/or Fountas and Pinnell experience
All applicants should apply using the online application system.
Any questions can be sent to Matt Blood, Director of Human Resources email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.
Distribution: Internal / External