Elementary Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Paraprofessional
Hamilton Community Schools is seeking a part-time elementary paraprofessional to serve at Blue Star Elementary with positive behavior interventions starting in the 2023-2024 school year. This individual will assist elementary teachers/staff, principals, and the elementary positive behavior intervention coordinator with the behavioral support of students. At times this might include working with a group of students or working as 1:1 with an individual student for periods of time or full days.
LOCATION: Blue Star Elementary
- Possibly assist students with disabilities according to their individualized needs, which could include transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning
- Possibly assist students with physical care including feeding, bathroom needs, and personal hygiene
- Assist in managing the behavior of students
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students
- Maintain confidentiality of information about children and their families in accordance with Board policy and law
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings and special events when requested by administration
- Help supervise the arrival and departure of students, and provide supervision and support in multiple settings throughout the school day
- Follow instructions from teachers, administrators and the
Previous experience working with students with varying social-emotional needs preferred
CPI Training for non-violent crisis intervention preferred
1st Aid/CPR certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must have a college degree; or
- Completed 60 college credit hours; or
- Successfully completed the ETS Paraprofessional Exam (available through Michigan Works - 121 Clover St., Holland; 616-396-2154).
- Ability to relate well with students, staff, and parents in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form
- Ability to follow written and oral communication
- Ability to problem solve
- Previous work experience with elementary school-age students
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
START DATE: 2023-2024 school year
WEEKLY HOURS: Monday-Friday from approximately 8:45-3:45 (approximately 32.5 hours per week, when students are in session)
SALARY RANGE: $15.43/hour (start)
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds.
WHO ARE WE?
Hamilton Community Schools is a rural district located in West Michigan south of Holland and east of Saugatuck.mOur well-maintained district consists of four elementary buildings (Bentheim, Blue Star, Hamilton Elementary, and Sandyview) along with one middle school, one high school, and Hamilton FLEX (Virtual, Blended, and Shared Time options). Hamilton prides itself on being a big district (135 square miles) with a small-town feel.
Hamilton Community Schools is one of 18 member public school districts within the Ottawa Intermediate School District (OAISD). Our district consists of 400 employees and over 2,500 full-time students and 1,100 non-public students in a variety of programs and formats. Hamilton Community Schools is known throughout the state as a premier district balancing a small-town atmosphere with educational innovation to meet the needs of each learner. The focus on K-12 academics, work-based learning, athletics, and the arts makes Hamilton a destination district. WE are HAWKEYES!
Submit an application, cover letter and resume using the online application system.
Any questions can be sent to Matt Blood, Director of Human Resources email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.
DISTRIBUTION: Internal / External