Elementary Resource Teacher - 1.00 FTE
Hamilton Community Schools invites dedicated educators to apply for the open position of Elementary Resource Teacher that's available starting in the 2022-2023 school year. We are excited to engage with quality candidates who are not only results-driven but also committed to inspiring children to develop emotionally, socially, and intellectually. Under the supervision of the building principal, educators will plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program at Blue Star Elementary resource learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
LOCATION: Blue Star Elementary
- Have the ability to manage a caseload of students including IEP's and all other relevant paperwork
- Lead meetings and development of IEPs, Functional Behavior Analysis, and Behavior Intervention Plans
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing expectations
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the expectations and disciplinary systems of the school
- Provide appropriate feedback on work
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare classroom and/or learning environment for all learning opportunities
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development using formative and summative assessments
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Work with or understanding of Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
- Work with or understanding of Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS)
- Previous work with or understanding of Standards Based Grading
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economics and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have or will have at time of employment:
- B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching
- Michigan certification in teaching in appropriate subject area
- At least one Special Education endorsement area on Michigan teaching certificate
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
START DATE: 2022-2023 School Year
SALARY RANGE: Per HEA Master Agreement
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Cash in lieu option
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds.
WHO ARE WE?
Hamilton Community Schools is a rural district located in West Michigan south of Holland and east of Saugatuck. Our well-maintained district consists of four elementary buildings (Bentheim, Blue Star, Hamilton Elementary, and Sandyview) along with one middle school, one high school, and Hamilton FLEX (Virtual, Blended, and Shared Time options). Hamilton prides itself on being a big district (135 square miles) with a small-town feel.
Hamilton Community Schools is one of 18 member public school districts within the Ottawa Intermediate School District (OAISD). Our district consists of 400 employees and over 2,500 full-time students and 1,100 non-public students in a variety of programs and formats. Hamilton Community Schools is known throughout the state as a premier district balancing a small-town atmosphere with educational innovation to meet the needs of each learner. The focus on K-12 academics, work-based learning, athletics, and the arts make Hamilton a destination district. WE are HAWKEYES!
Submit an application, cover letter and resume using the online application system on the Hamilton Community Schools website
Any questions can be sent to Matt Blood, Director of Human Resources email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.
DISTRIBUTION: Internal / External