Engineering Technician I
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
Why Haworth? Find out here!
Here at Haworth, our members enjoy benefits from their first day of employment including:
- 4 weeks paid vacation and an option to purchase an additional week
- Priority Health Insurance
- Newly renovated on-site gym open 24 hours
- 401k Benefit - If you contribute 6% of your annual salary, Haworth will contribute up to 7%
- Annual bonus programs
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- 4 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Zero waste to landfill company which provides personal on-site recycling drop-off
We are currently looking for an Engineering Technician I to join our wood plant in Holland, MI.
As a Engineering Technician I, you will:
Assist with project design, development, installation, problem solving, and documentation of new and/or existing processes, equipment, and tooling. Meet established quality and performance standards by applying engineering principles and low cost manufacturing processes. Areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes, tool design industrial engineering studies, automation studies, plant layout, safety, and process audits. Program Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) equipment.
- Assists on assigned projects for process and tooling improvements, utilizing engineering principles and experience to document and recommend process improvements.
- Utilizes engineering principles and tools to evaluate alternative tooling, manufacturing processes, or equipment, ensuring least possible product cost.
- Assures all new and/or existing processes comply with corporate policy in areas of health, safety, and environmental assurance to meet applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
- Develops process concepts for new and existing products, completes development of process methods and labor standards, completes process qualification requirements, and provides requests for production to ensure quality support.
- Completes all paperwork, submits parts and reports, and enters data for routings and process documentation into Advanced Manufacturing Accounting Production System (AMAPS) from approved worksheets for work center data to ensure project has been successfully documented.
- Recommends initial selection of process methods and tooling, establishes variation of existing designs and processes, and provides detailed action plans to ensure least possible manufacturing costs.
- Utilizes statistical techniques, tolerance analysis, process potential studies, and other engineering techniques to assure new tooling and equipment meet specifications before quality acceptance.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in technology/engineering field or equivalent job-specific work experience for every 1 year of education not completed
- 2 years product/process application/development experience OR 4 years fabrication/forming operations experience
- Must be knowledgeable of basic engineering principles and practices
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance
- Current and continuing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to lift/move products and parts weighing up to 50 pounds and climb/bend/balance in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use power and manual hand tools
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GDT) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Knowledgeable of manufacturing processes, systems, and environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
EEO, ADA, AA Statement
As an EEO/AA employer, Haworth will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, or if you require an ADA accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.