Environmental, Health & Safety INTERN
Health, Safety, Environment Intern
Looking for an opportunity to get some real world experience, make a significant contribution to a local business, add some great work experience to your resume, make good money AND work at a brewery? We are looking for a full-time Intern to work on our Health, Safety & Environmental team for 90 days.
What we offer you
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
- An award-winning culture
- The HSE intern will assist the QHSE manager in improving, auditing, and implementing the safety program across all New Holland locations.
What you would do
- Assist QHSE manager in completion of safety projects.
- Review, audit, update, and revise all written safety programs.
- Identify gaps and areas of non-compliance and help to implement corrective actions.
- Assist with implementation of routine internal safety audits.
- Assist QHSE manager in reviewing and updating risk assessments as necessary.
- Develop and implement a lock-out tagout training program.
- Explore options for improving our safety training program and procedures.
- Ensure all team members are 100% compliant on required safety trainings.
- Verify all safety inspections are being completed correctly and at the required interval, ex: forklifts, scissor lifts, ladders, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, slings.
- Verify the correct and most effective PPE is being used where required at all times.
- Identify areas of opportunity for ergonomic improvement.
- Verify Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals are on file and up to date for each New Holland location.
- Assist department managers in investigation of safety incidents and implementation of corrective actions.
- Help other departments as necessary.
What you offer us
- Knowledge of brewing science and practices
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in heat, cold, and high humidity
- Ability to be on your feet for at least 8 hours
Great to Haves
- Passion for beer and brewing
- Pursuing a degree in a Occupational Safety or a related field.
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Believe * Engage * Own * Lead * Act with Integrity * Care
How your job supports the mission
The HSE intern enhances the quality of our team members’ lives by helping to provide a safe work environment and ensuring everybody goes home unharmed at the end of the day.
Summary of a typical day
- Verify daily forklift inspections are completed.
- Inspect chemical PPE and replace as necessary.
- Review findings from safety audit and work with QHSE manager to implement corrective actions.
- Complete monthly fire extinguisher and AED inspections.
- Shadow a machine operator to identify ergonomic challenges and potential hazards.
Reports To: QHSE Manager
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.