Event Development Manager
Tulip Time is a non-profit organization that invites the world to share our Dutch heritage, tulips, and our community today. Primarily presenting a festival early May that draws over 500,000 visitors to Holland Michigan.
We are actively seeking an Event Development Manager to join our energetic team that is results driven and collaborative. Our team collectively and individually embodies our Core Values of:
‘I Love Tulip Time’
Together we Achieve
Excellence with Enthusiasm
In the role of Event Development Manager, you will report to the Executive Director to explore and develop new, marketable events from concept to commercialization as well as planning existing events. Our values come to life while collaborating with the community, sponsors, and guests from around the world. Responsibilities will include:
- Utilize a process for event development
- Ideation and idea screening
- Concept development
- Marketing strategy
- Business analysis including net revenue potential
- Development of event details
- Launch of new event
The role of an event development manager involves all the following aspects and required skills:
- Analyze industry trends, conduct market research in order to recognize opportunities that will delight customers and succeed in the market
- Perform feasibility analysis given budgetary, staff, and operational requirements
- Develop and communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and via documentation
- Recruit, motivate and work effectively with other departments and organizations to bring event to fruition
- Business analysis skills
- Identify expenses and determine revenue potential
- Develop and manage budgets
- Ability to balance creativity and feasibility
- Detail oriented
- Develop detailed event requirements and define specifications
- Develop and analyze contracts
- Strong project management skills
- Manage large, cross-functional teams of volunteers, timelines, budgets
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative thinking
- Identify and describe the unique elements within the event in such a way that will excite participants, media and customers
We believe a successful Event Development Manager will be motivated and organized to support our mission in the community who is inspired, imaginative, creative, innovative, and enterprising.
- Bachelor’s degree – Event Planning and Marketing
- 3 -5 years minimum experience preferred.
- Technical abilities – proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required and Adobe suite required.
- Outstanding time and project management skills with the ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Ability and desire to work both collaboratively and independently with the public and staff.
- Knowledge of Holland and its history extremely beneficial
- Communication skills – public speaking, writing, leading meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform with a contagious energy, positive attitude. This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay, great benefits, and providing fun in the community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for our Event Development Manager position to Gwen Auwerda: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30, 2021.