Event Sales Manager - CityFlatsHotel Holland, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Responsible for performing Event Sales by soliciting, negotiating and booking new/repeat business by networking, prospecting, and outside sales calls. Responsible for assisting guests with planning special catered functions that exceed their needs. The Event Sales Manager must be knowledgeable of industry trends, procedures and practices, while following Suburban Inns and franchise standards and expectations.
- Report to work in professionally appropriate attire, presented neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Implement aggressive, on-going sales campaigns to alert potential guests of the hotel and sales capabilities
- Continually explore and contact potential new sales sources according to Suburban Inns standards and work with Corporate Director of Sales on prospecting for new incoming business and ideas.
- Perform Outside sales calls; Schedule calls/visits to assess on-going needs of prospective clients
- Promote, advertise, and market the property (rooms/event space)
- Build awareness in community by being involved in outside groups, civic boards, and community service organizations
- Keep abreast of current events in the area (i.e. news outlets, google alerts, indeed) for prospect for Event business.
- Respond to all leads from Meeting broker, Cvent, Hilton Worldwide sales and incoming calls.
- Attend Hilton Training classes when needed as related to sales.
- Follow up on monthly sales marketing plan and weekly sales goals to ensure hotel is building loyalty and increasing market share.
- Maintain current and accurate files for all sales and contacts.
- Create client event contracts, accept/process deposits, develop function BEO’s to include updates and changes as required by clients and arrange prompt payment for all events
- Compile and manage various sales, end of week report, and monthly Sales Budget report detailing the operation of the department.
- Schedule banquet FOH team members as needed based on banquet occupancies, while staying within budget
- Hire, train, and evaluate FOH Banquet Team Members
- Lead by example and uphold all Suburban Inns policies
- Hold Team Members accountable to the standards of employment and job performance set by the Core Values of Suburban Inns and CityFlatsHotel. Discipline Team Members as needed, according to Suburban Inns’ policies
- Complete monthly inventory values for all banquet items, liquor, and beverage.
- Perform property walk-arounds each day and address all issues encountered. Report any issues to the appropriate department and General Manager
- Help guests plan special events including menus, entertainment, theme, decorations, and other aspects
- Provide tours and offer suggestions in effort to sell the hotel/catering facilities for the occasion being planned
- Work with the Executive Chef to determine selling prices, menus, and other details for catered events
- Follow up with client after each function to ensure expectations have been met and prospect future business
- Handle all guest complaints according to Suburban Inns standards
- Attend manager meetings to review policies and procedures, upcoming events, and continually develop sales strategies
- Implement and monitor marketing plan and annual sales banquet budget, taking corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
- Inspect finished arrangements; Assist in service, set up, and clean-up of all banquet functions
- Maintain knowledge of event menu items and their contents, as well as appropriate table settings, service ware, and correct preparation
- Audit and approve bi-weekly payroll
- Ensure all event shifts are always covered, including weekends, holidays, call-ins, vacations, etc. making it fair for all Team Members and ensuring all job duties are covered
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, record keeping, or word processing. Good communication skills.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with at least one year of job-related experience.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: Excellent driving record, valid driver’s license, reliable transportation to be used on sales calls. ServSafe Certification, TIPs, and CPR
External and Internal Personal Contact:
Communications: Daily - Verbal &Written
Weekly- Participation in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work team within the department
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change
Manual Skills: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations
Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day
Physical Environment: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, and/or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs. 40+ hours per week
Occupational Risks: Some portions (less than 10%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials
Ergonomics Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns
Required Travel: Position does require travel to other Suburban Inns properties, off-site meetings or client locations, sometimes overnight.
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines:
Uniform: Professional attire according to Suburban Inns guidelines
Appearance: All facial piercings must be approved by management. Gauges in ears are not allowed on anyone who’s primary job function is interacting with guests. Hair must be of a natural color and kept well-groomed. All tattoos that are not covered by a work uniform must be approved in writing by management. Any tattoo that is deemed offensive to co-workers, guests, vendors or others in the workplace based on racial, sexual, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics or attributes of a sensitive or legally protected nature are not permitted and must remain covered or concealed at all times. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Vice President of Hotel Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and / or different responsibilities from those set forth above.