The Hope College Events and Conferences Office (ECO) is seeking a creative and committed individual to serve as the Support Technician in our office. The ECO coordinates hundreds of events throughout the year, providing technical support in the areas of concerts, athletic events, films, lecturers, weddings, and many other activities. This person will be part of a team committed to providing outstanding service to all who seek our help. In addition, this person will have the opportunity to mentor college students learning about the technical elements of events.
1. Provide technical support and oversight for campus-wide conferences and events.
2. Assist with maintenance, purchasing, and operation of technical equipment and lighting and sound systems for campus venues overseen by the Events and Conferences Office.
3. Assist in hiring, training, and supervising students involved in supporting technical needs.
4. Evaluate technical riders and requirements for outside groups.
A Bachelor's degree and 5-10 years of experience in event production is required. Familiarity with Vectorworks, Allen & Heath, Lightwright, ETC Consoles, Yamaha Consoles, DigiCo consoles, DANTE networking, and Extron systems is helpful. Please see the job description online for further requirements.
This position requires many evening and weekend hours, so flexible scheduling is important.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years of event experience.
- Flexible schedule and willingness to work weekends and evenings on a regular basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, email, and EMS or scheduling software.
- Experience in event production, including lighting, sound, and video.
- Prior experience managing a student event crew.
- Familiarity with Vectorworks, Allen & Heath, Lightwright, ETC consoles, Yamaha consoles, DigiCo consoles, DANTE networking, and Extron systems is helpful.
While performing duties, employee will occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms/hands; talk; hear. Employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
Click here to learn more and apply!