Events & Hospitality Coordinator
Status: Full-time; Hourly with Benefits
Reports To: Director of Events & Hospitality
GENEVA’s Events & Hospitality Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring retreat guests have an exceptionally positive and hospitable experience by assisting groups in planning their events and helping bring those plans to life in time for the group’s arrival. This person must have a strong commitment to the Christian faith as evidenced through a life lived out faithfully.
• Communicate with confirmed groups gathering event details and necessary documents to ensure that GENEVA is able to have things setup and ready for group’s arrival
• Utilize the Events & Hospitality database being sure to document relevant event details and conversations among others
• Work with internal departments surrounding site use for events
• Gather special dietary needs from groups and inform kitchen of group needs
• Collaborate with Housekeeping Coordinator to ensure housekeeping needs are met
• Assist in responding to retreat inquiries and provide tours as needed
• Respond to guest needs and help trouble shoot problems as they arise
• Share evening and weekend on-call responsibilities with Director of Events & Hospitality
• Host Monday – Friday guest groups during normal business hours
• Participate in the development, training, communications, scheduling, and oversight of the Hospitality team
• Assist with the coordination and oversight of GENEVA sponsored events
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by GENEVA leadership
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to think strategically in planning for and implementing successful events
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and plan multiple events simultaneously
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Capacity to learn, manage, and organize GENEVA’s booking and CRM database software
• Provide exceptional customer service with high-energy and friendliness
• Demonstrate leadership skills with a collaborative approach
• Ability to work independently and on a team
• Flexible, reliable, responsible, and dependable
• Availability for periodic early morning, evening, and/or weekend hours and the greeting of/hosting of guests
• Availability to be onsite, taking care of issues that may arise beyond a normal workday
• Two years of professional experience in event planning, hospitality, tourism, marketing, sales, or public relations preferred.
• Preferred degree or certification in hospitality, communication or related field
Why You Might Want to Work with Us:
GENEVA hosts more than 12,000 people through its meeting and events space all year-round. Most guests are welcomed between August and May when the grounds serve as a destination for various occasions including adult, youth, and family retreats as well as church, school, business, and nonprofit meetings and events. Located along Lake Michigan in Holland, Michigan, GENEVA offers 1200 feet of lake frontage, and 35 acres of woods.
In addition to helping steward a vibrant Events & Hospitality ministry, you will be part of a mission oriented staff who love to share the good news of Jesus Christ by showing love and hospitality. At GENEVA, we invite folks (both youth and adults) to step away from the busyness of their everyday lives to hear God's call on their lives. We serve in one of the most beautiful environments of God's creation on Lake Michigan with an energetic team who gets things done and has fun while doing it. We encourage and promote professional development opportunities in this role.
Want to see a snapshot of our Events & Hospitality department? Check out our promo video: https://vimeo.com/303053062
How to Pursue the Opportunity Further:
Submit your Resume and Cover Letter using this position’s “Submit Your Application!” button at https://campgeneva.org/join-our-team/year-round-staff/. If you have further questions about this role, feel free to reach out to Sherry at email@example.com.