Floor Manager – Floating Locations
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
The Floor Manager oversees our front of the house restaurant operations by creating a remarkable guest experience. Floor Manager responsibilities include delegating tasks to front of the house staff, addressing guests queries and ensuring compliance based on company protocol. Our Floor Manager demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry as well as for leading and developing their direct-report team members. This Floor Manager position will be required to rotate between our Grand Rapids and Holland locations on a regular basis.
What you do
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our Mission, Vision & Values.
- Hire, train, build and lead a high performing innovation team.
Understand and uphold all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
Provide “in the moment coaching” alongside corrective action in a positive and appropriate manner.
Help minimize operating costs, boost our employee retention and deliver a positive dining experience for our guests.
Ensure that all food, beer, spirits and wine are prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, mixing and serving standards.
Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
Oversee all dining areas, engage with customers and balance seating capacity.
Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, team members and guests.
Monitor customer feedback for online reviews and point of sale systems.
Ensure that all guests have a remarkable experience.
Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic setting, being able to pivot and make good decisions on the fly.
Perform other duties as they are assigned.
What you offer us
Passion and enthusiasm for all facets of restaurant management, from guest interaction to team leadership.
High level of problem-solving abilities, using good judgement, innovative thinking, and guidance by company culture.
Communication and team management proficiency.
Efficient with technology operation.
- A desire to be part of high-functioning team.
- The unique ability to perform multiple tasks at once, while still making your guests feel like you are focusing only on them.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to ten (10) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift fifty (50) pounds.
- CPR/ AED Certification, or the ability complete certification within 90 days of employment
- Bloodborne Pathogens training, or the ability complete certification within 90 days of employment.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the hospitality industry, including time in a supervisory role.
- Degree in Hospitality Management or similar is preferred; experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Cicerone, Barsmarts and ServeSafe certified, or the ability complete certification within 90 days of employment.
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Believe * Own * Engage
Lead * Act with Integrity * Care
How your job supports the mission
- Ensure a remarkable guest experience by creating savored moments.
- Lead the team through a successful shift every time.
Summary of a typical day
- Perform table touches.
- Delegate tasks to front of the house staff.
- Achieve company objectives through training of Team Members and creating a positive, productive working environment.
Reports to: General Manager