Food Rescue Manager
About Lakeshore Food Rescue
Lakeshore Food Rescue is a county-wide initiative to expand food rescue beyond our current Holland/Zeeland efforts in partnership with Ottawa Food, the county’s food policy council. We creatively and compassionately work across sectors to address logistical challenges and reduce the amount of wasted food, while dramatically increasing the amount of fresh, healthy food options available to those who need it most. After decades of serving our neighbors, Community Action House is expanding food rescue efforts to turn even more excess food into food access throughout Ottawa County.
The expansion of Lakeshore Food Rescue will include:
- Building a team to manage food donor and food recipient partnerships, field and dispatch food rescue routes and call-ins, and organize the collaboration and sharing of resources among frontline food access providers;
- Growing partnerships with food donors and community organizations to capture and distribute food to more partners across Ottawa County;
- Expanding our volunteer base of committed Food Rescue volunteers;
- Implementing a nationally-recognized technology platform and app that harnesses volunteer and community power to scale food recovery efforts; and
- Increasing our fleet to include new Lakeshore Food Rescue vehicles and routes.
Some evenings and weekends needed depending on event needs
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Compensation: $60,000 - $68,000
Benefits: Full time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package
About the position
Community Action House is seeking our first Food Rescue Program Manager to steer & establish Lakeshore Food Rescue as the leading food rescue organization in Ottawa County, Michigan! In this position, you will expand our existing food rescue efforts in Holland to across the county, and establish new program initiatives. This position will expand our existing food rescue efforts, build new relationships and leverage existing connections with external partners, volunteers, and internal stakeholders to expand our food rescue efforts across the county.
An ideal candidate will be energized to tackle the learning curve involved in this position, and will thrive in establishing a new program while providing clarity and direction to a team. If you are action-oriented, work creatively to establish sustainable and scalable processes, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, please apply!
For more information and to apply, click here or visit this link: jobs.lever.co/communityactionhouse/a88b1d3e-3ecb-466e-b8dc-7eaefbc726ab