Food Service Manager
Reports To: Food Service Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week (44 weeks per year)
Starting Date: ASAP
Pay Scale: Commensurate with experience ($19-$21 per hour)
Hamilton Community Schools is looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment focused on quality, efficiency, and teamwork to serve as our Food Service Manager. As Food Service Manager, you will play a vital role in assisting the Food Service Supervisor in leading our team to provide nutritious and delicious meals to our students and staff in an efficient operation by district, state, federal, health department, USDA Child Nutrition Program and food service authority guidelines. A willingness to make a five-year minimal commitment to this position is highly desired.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.
- Help oversee food service staff in the district.
- Coordinate orders, purchases and receiving of food and supplies for the food service department.
- Accurately process food service deposits for the department. Verify the accuracy of deliveries and invoices.
- Manage special catering functions, and help plan event and field trip menus.
- Troubleshoot kitchen equipment. Report equipment malfunctions. Ensure safety standards on all equipment.
- Field allergy questions with the help of the Food Service Supervisor.
- Direct preparation of all food items for breakfast, lunch, as well as special events.
- Become familiar with the nutritional value of foods in menu planning.
- Help oversee inventory and monitor quality control of food items.
- Help with employee call-ins and scheduling subs for replacement when needed. Enforce employee dress code and personal appearance policies. Provide on-the-job training to food service staff at each building. Assist in providing feedback with the yearly evaluation of employees.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and sanitation related to food service equipment, kitchen, storage and service areas.
- Attend and participate in ongoing professional development.
- Assist in the onboarding of new employees, email, POS login, employee manual, and POS training if necessary.
- Assist with training new employees.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma with additional training or related work experience.
- SERV Safe certification (must maintain).
- Minimum of three (3) years of food service experience in a large-volume institutional operation.
- Ability to perform all tasks performed by the kitchen staff.
- Accurate accounting, computer, internet and word processing skills. Familiarity with Word & Excel is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organization skills are required.
- Great attendance and punctuality are a requirement.
- Ability to work and communicate well with people and work under pressure within time constraints.
- Maintain state professional development.
- Single-subscriber health insurance or cash-in-lieu
- $10,000 Term-life insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Holiday and paid time off
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, read, operate a computer or other devices, reach with hands or arms, and may occasionally push or lift 25+ lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WHO ARE WE?
Hamilton Community Schools is a rural district located in West Michigan south of Holland and east of Saugatuck. Our well-maintained district consists of four elementary buildings (Bentheim, Blue Star, Hamilton Elementary, and Sandyview) along with one middle school, one high school, and Hamilton FLEX (Virtual, Blended, and Shared Time options). Hamilton prides itself on being a big district (135 square miles) with a small-town feel.
Hamilton Community Schools is one of 18 member public school districts within the Ottawa Intermediate School District (OAISD). Our district consists of 400 employees and over 2,400 full-time students and 1,100 non-public students in a variety of programs and formats. Hamilton Community Schools is known throughout the state as a premier district balancing a small-town atmosphere with educational innovation to meet the needs of each learner. The focus on K-12 academics, work-based learning, athletics, and the arts makes Hamilton a destination district. WE are HAWKEYES!
Submit an application, cover letter and resume using the online application system on the Hamilton Community Schools website www.hamiltonschools.us
Any questions can be sent to Paul Keene, Food Service Supervisor email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.