GO Riteway’s Mission Statement: GO Riteway is committed to providing superior transportation services to students, business travelers, local residents, and tourists. We will accomplish this by focusing on Safety, Integrity, and Teamwork.
TITLE: General Manager / Director of Operations
LOCATION: Holland / Zeeland Michigan
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
EMPLOYEE: Full Time, Exempt
Cardinal Buses, a division of GO Riteway, is looking for a detail orientated General Manager with a high standard for service quality to manage our Grand Rapids area motorcoach and school bus charter operations.
The General Manger will have onsite responsibility for both administrative and operational activities for the Holland / Zeeland business unit; this will include recruitment, personnel management, key account management, P&L management, and overseeing the vehicle fleet.
The role is responsible for ensuring that the business remains in compliance with federal, state, and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding safety. The manager will be responsible for establishing and developing strategies that contribute to safe, on-time, and consistent service to all charter customers.
The position is responsible for ensuring that the business runs efficiently and profitably. The manager will work closely with the sales team to understand and deliver on customer expectations. The manager will also have direct influence on how company resources are allocated for the business unit.
The role has direct supervision of motorcoach drivers, school bus charter drivers, local operations personnel, and vehicle detailers.
Management duties include but are not limited to: planning and assigning driver duties, scheduling of vehicle detailing staff, quality control of vehicle presentation, evaluating performance and productivity, analyzing accounting and financial data, staff recruitment, and training of employees.
The manager will conduct employee performance reviews where they will need to reward and discipline employees as needed. Duties are to be performed in accordance with established company policies and procedures. The role establishes and maintains effective communication with the management team, employees, and customers. The General Manager builds effective working relationships to meet our company objectives.
KEY RESULT DUTIES
- Operational and Financial Duties
- Hire drivers.
- Set up drivers’ meetings and training.
- Implement and utilize booking software.
- Create and manage budgets
- Generate reports and present terminal performance data
- Develop a Work Flow Process so the staff understands their responsibilities
- Concentrate on the work flow starting from when the drivers are being assigned to trips until the payroll process and billing functions are completed.
- Post-trip, receive and file trip slip and expense information from the drivers.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving driver payroll.
- Evaluate performance data and create subsequent strategies.
- Develop and Grow Charter Opportunities with Sales Team
- Coordinate and attend various customer meetings as needed.
- Develop relationships with Holland/Zeeland and Greater Grand Rapids area customer representatives.
- Understand and develop plan for corporate and school charter trips.
- Dispatch Coordination
- Work with dispatch team to review and support the assignment of trips to drivers.
- Work with dispatch to ensure sure that trips are covered every day.
- Develop a clear process on scheduling multiday trips that require transfers.
- Ensure that the drivers are well prepared for their trips.
- Ensure High Quality Service
- Perform quality checks and audits
- Initiative: Demonstrates initiative to pursue work with energy in order to achieve results
- Adaptability: Easily responds to expected or unexpected changes and adjusts plans accordingly
- Customer Focused: Follows through on activities to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Problem-Solving: Uses critical thinking skills to break down problems into different parts to develop solutions.
- Managing Conflict: Uses appropriate interpersonal style to reduce tension and conflict.
- Safety Focus: Being aware of conditions and circumstances that affect one's own safety and the safety of others and takes appropriate action to correct unsafe conditions.
- Developing Others: Provides on-going feedback constructively to individuals regarding job performance.
- Motivating Others: Uses Influence skills to guides other to accomplish work objectives.
- Strong Management Skills: Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to analyze and make business case for all recommendations. Supports and empowers team. Highly computer literate.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Experienced in mediation and conflict resolution processes. An attentive listener who is understanding, empathetic, and personable to employees.
- Education and Training: Bachelor’s Degree +.
- Experience: 5+ years of transportation or relatable customer service industry management experience.
We Go the Extra Mile!
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability