Under the supervision of City and Holland Board of Public Works (HBPW) leadership, this position manages and supports the organization’s overall grant efforts. Responsibility for seeking out and supporting administration of federal, state, and local grants. This position will oversee grant agreements to ensure that necessary documentation and reporting requirements are met, and coordinate with various City and HBPW departments. *This is a two-year grant funded position. Although not guaranteed, there is potential for continuation of employment beyond grant funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches various types of grants available to the City/HBPW and the criteria to qualify for those grant dollars.
- Compiles necessary information for the application process.
- Develop and submit grant applications, in accordance with the application requirements.
- Collaborates with various internal, external, and regional partners to secure grant funding for the City/HBPW.
- Prepare and maintains various reports and documentation for reporting to funding agencies and to the federal government.
- Coordinates between both the City and HBPW Finance Departments for capital asset reporting and single audit compliance.
- Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects that are funded by grants.
- Composes emails, letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Responsible for tracking the status of grant applications.
- Assists in creating and revising processes, policies, and forms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The job requires knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- One to two years of experience in grant writing preferred, ideally in a governmental setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of effective grant writing techniques.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with various levels of City personnel and other agencies.
- Proficient computer skills necessary to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, database and other applications.
- Mental ability to experience pressure related to meeting deadlines, and work on projects requiring attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to interpret financial data and prepare budgets.
- Physical ability to occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs., and occasionally sit/stand in one position for extended periods of time.
- Normal office environment.