Lakeshore Advantage is a dynamic non-profit organization catalyzing economic growth in Allegan and Ottawa Counties. We intrinsically believe and practice five (5) major core values.
- First to do the right thing
- CEO of our own responsibilities
- Come to the Rescue
- Lead the Standing Ovation
These values are the foundation around which we conduct our everyday work as well as define the expectations we have of our team.
The Grant Specialist’s primary function is to identify, evaluate, prepare, submit, implement, track applications and manage reporting for local, state and federal grant opportunities that support the work of Lakeshore Advantage. Also provides specialized project support to Strategic Initiatives and Marketing & Engagement teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Strong research and analytic skills
- Excellent project planning and time management
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy
- Ability to collaborate with team members to accomplish goals and objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Enjoys learning and is willing to educate themselves about various grant opportunities, processes and compliance requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; familiarity with web-based CRM style systems a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Research and identification of grant opportunities
- Assesses grant opportunity alignment with identified Lakeshore Advantage goals
- Develops submission schedules and identifies all elements required for grant proposal submission
- Acts as the primary writer, point of contact and manager of grant proposals and applications
- Coordinates, manages and tracks grant activities and expenditures
- Submits reports as required for grant compliance
- Compiles and maintains various statistical and demographic information need for grant eligibility and preparation
- Assembles proposals and letters of intent for specialized funding applications as needed
We Currently Offer these Additional Benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality healthcare and HSA
- Contributions to a 401(k) to help save for the future
- Vacation and flex time
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Most benefits start day one
- Mac laptop and necessary technology provided to support daily office needs and occasional remote work
We are a small but mighty team that helps employers in our area solve problems and meet their goals. If you enjoy variety, can embrace change, and want to have an impact on your community, we want to hear from you!
Click here to learn more and apply!