The Office Assistant performs office duties to ensure the prompt, efficient health care to all students. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet all who enter the health center and direct their care as needed, notifying medical personnel when a medical need is urgent
- Answer telephone and direct calls as necessary; answer or refer inquiries.
- Update and maintain patient medical records, maintaining and ensuring confidentiality
- Schedule appointments for various health care providers.
- Coordinate billing services with outside referral services.
- Address unpaid claims with outside referral services and resubmit claim for payment as needed.
- Generate revenue by recording billing information of services rendered, responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Assure that appropriate standards are followed pertaining to OSHA requirements
- Keep Health Services staff informed of any urgent issues, student concerns, public relations issues affecting perceptions of health services, and any issues that place students, staff or the college at risk.
- Represent student health services by working collaboratively and supportively with other staff within the department and across the college.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Preference of college course work preferred and one to three years experience in a medical setting. Minimum requirement of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Education and/or experience with various computer programs are encouraged.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and generate reports. This position requires greeting callers and visitors; answering questions from customers and others about the Hope Health Center; performing other activities requiring good listening skills and tact.
REASONING ABILITY: Some of the responsibilities of this position are performed in accordance with existing procedures and instructions. In addition, this position regularly requires independent judgment in setting priorities, organizing work, and deviating from established schedules or procedures to accomplish results. Skills and abilities include:
1. Ability to remain calm in the midst of being very busy.
2. Very organized and detail oriented.
3. Requires good judgment and accuracy.
4. Pleasant, friendly, sympathetic personality and enjoy working with young adults.
5. Must be committed to confidentiality (discretion and good judgment).
6. Ability to work in a team environment.
Click here to learn more and apply!