Holland Program Coordinator
Momentum Center Holland Program Coordinator
DESCRIPTION: The Momentum Center is a non-profit grassroots movement to create a stigma free community. The Momentum Center for Social Engagement is a social and recreational program for teenagers and for adults with mental illness, addiction, and developmental disabilities. The Grand Haven location houses the Momentum Café which is a coffee shop open to the public that is a space for social integration for members and creates an income stream for the Momentum Center.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The primary function of the Holland Program Coordinator is to coordinate with Momentum Center staff to provide social and recreational programming at the Holland location.
REPORTS TO: This person reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
HOURS: This is a part-time, temporary position funded by grant dollar to test a pilot project in Holland. Hours range from 8-12 hours per week for a period of approximately one year. Some weekend and evening hours may be required. If the pilot is successful, additional funding will be sought to extend employment.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop an initiative in the community. The successful candidate will implement the Holland pilot program which includes leading activities and outings, developing/ maintaining relationships with members, and working collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Some requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a non-profit setting, as an employee, intern, or volunteer.
- Experience and comfort interacting with people who have mental illness, addiction, and/or disabilities.
- Proficient in using technology as a data collecting and management reporting tool.
- Willingness to obtain continuing education, as necessary.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks at one time.
- Must agree with the Momentum Center values and diversity and equity statement.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must show empathy and compassion while maintaining clear personal boundaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
1. Coordinate with Momentum Center staff to provide activities, events, and outings for the Holland pilot program.
2. Recruit members for Holland pilot program and maintain membership.
3. Transport members to/from activities using the Momentum Center van or other vehicle.
4. Interact with members while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
5. Assist in measuring effectiveness of the program by ensuring members check-in and assisting in other data collection.
6. Conduct initial and 6-month membership surveys, using Bloomerang to track when surveys are due.
7. Develop and maintain relationships with volunteers who lead or assist with classes/activities.
8. Maintain documentation as needed regarding member situations and interactions.
9. Conduct monthly calls to all members.
10. Assist with marketing for the Holland pilot program.
11. Maintain inventory of programming supplies.
12. Maintain cleanliness and organization of program areas.
13. Maintain all files and information in a confidential nature.
14. Perform other support tasks as needed and assigned.