Hospitality Specialist/Server Assistant - Holland - Pub on 8th
Looking for a job in a fun location, with great people, and great perks? Come join our team as a Hospitality Specialist/Server Assistant! This is a combined position where you make $15.50 per hour as a Hospitality Specialist and $9.87 per hour plus tips as a Server Assistant.
Our Mission: At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
Our Vision: New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
Our Values: We Believe, We Engage, We Own, We Lead, We Act with Integrity, We Care
How your job supports the mission:
- Engage with guests constantly, make a remarkable experience.
- Offer support to other teams, increasing productivity.
- Anticipate guests needs and deliver.
Summary of a typical day:
- Assist guests enthusiastically.
- Maintain seating rotation and organization at the host stand.
- Bus, sanitize, roll silverware.
- Run food.
- Greet guests upon arrival & departure.
Hospitality Specialist / Server Assistant
What we offer you:
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture: one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
The Hospitality Specialist role is the first & last person at New Holland to interact with our guests. The Hospitality Specialist performs our main guest service function.
While our Server Assistant supports the severs and bartenders to take care of guests most efficiently. They run food from the kitchen to guests, ensure guests have all needed items, clear and clean tables, roll silverware, maintain clean restrooms/common areas and provide a remarkable experience for our guests.
This position will support both roles dependent on scheduled shift. This position requires a passion for working with people.
What you would do:
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our Mission, Vision & Values.
- Know all the company’s upcoming events and promotions.
- Know our beer, wine, spirits, and food and be able to accurately describe each item in terms of taste & style.
- Utilize our methods of communication and technology.
- Lead the reservation board and manage the wait.
- Seat guests while managing preference and accommodation needs and balancing customer flow.
- Maintain cleanliness at the host stand.
- Assist with any cleaning/organizing projects up to and including restroom protocols, bussing & sanitizing tables.
- Roll silverware.
- Deliver food to tables accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as they are assigned.
What you offer us
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving and forward-thinking mindset.
- Ability to multi-task with a calm, positive attitude.
- Possess basic knowledge of dining room service procedures and functions.
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to work well with teammates.
- Possess a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be able to work in a standing position for up to ten (10) hours at a time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift thirty (30) pounds.
- Passion for being a public-facing ambassador of the New Holland brand.
- A passion for engaging with guests and for providing a hospitality-focused environment.
- A desire to be part of high-functioning team.
- Maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
Reports to: General Manager