Hamilton Community Schools has a need for a Kindergarten Paraprofessional at Blue Star Elementary for the 2022-2023 school year. Paraprofessionals provide social, physical, and academic support and/or supervision in general and special education settings, including but not limited to, the cafeteria, classrooms, recess, and assemblies. These services may include ambulatory, eating and toileting assistance.
LOCATION: Blue Star Elementary
- Possibly assist students with disabilities according to their individualized needs, which could include transferring to and from wheelchairs, lifting, or positioning
- Possibly assist students with physical care including bathroom needs, and personal hygiene
- Assist in managing the behavior of students
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students
- Maintain confidentiality of information about children and their families in accordance with Board policy and law
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings and special events when requested by administration
- Help supervise arrival and departure of students, and provide supervision and support in multiple settings throughout the school day
- Follow instructions from teachers and administrators
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a college degree; or
- Completed 60 college credit hours; or
- Successfully completed the ETS Paraprofessional Exam (available through Michigan Works - 121 Clover St., Holland; 616-396-2154).
- Ability to relate well with students, staff, and parents in a positive manner
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form
- Ability to follow written and oral communication
- Ability to problem solve
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
START DATE: 2022-2023 School Year
WEEKLY HOURS: 32.5 hours per week while students are in session
SALARY RANGE: $14.24/hour (start)
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds.
WHO ARE WE?
Hamilton Community Schools is a rural district located in West Michigan south of Holland and east of Saugatuck. Our well-maintained district consists of four elementary buildings (Bentheim, Blue Star, Hamilton Elementary, and Sandyview) along with one middle school, one high school, and Hamilton FLEX (Virtual, Blended, and Shared Time options). Hamilton prides itself on being a big district (135 square miles) with a small-town feel.
Hamilton Community Schools is one of 18 member public school districts within the Ottawa Intermediate School District (OAISD). Our district consists of 400 employees and over 2,500 full-time students and 1,100 non-public students in a variety of programs and formats. Hamilton Community Schools is known throughout the state as a premier district balancing a small-town atmosphere with educational innovation to meet the needs of each learner. The focus on K-12 academics, work-based learning, athletics, and the arts make Hamilton a destination district.
WE are HAWKEYES!
Submit an application, cover letter and resume using the online application system.
Any questions can be sent to Sara McIntyre, Director of Special Education firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hamilton Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, color, height, weight, marital status, familial status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status with applicable state and federal laws.
DISTRIBUTION: Internal / External