Lakeshore Food Rescue: Volunteer & Technology Coordinator
About Lakeshore Food Rescue
Lakeshore Food Rescue is a county-wide initiative to expand food rescue beyond our current Holland/Zeeland efforts in partnership with Ottawa Food, the county’s food policy council. We creatively and compassionately work across sectors to address logistical challenges and reduce the amount of wasted food, while dramatically increasing the amount of fresh, healthy food options available to those who need it most. After decades of serving our neighbors, Community Action House is expanding food rescue efforts to turn even more excess food into food access throughout Ottawa County.
The expansion of Lakeshore Food Rescue will include:
- Growing the Food Rescue team to include new and exciting roles to address minimizing food waste and increasing food access across the Lakeshore;
- Building and strengthening partnerships across Ottawa County;
- Expanding our volunteer base of committed Food Rescue volunteers;
- Implementing a nationally-recognized technology platform and app that harnesses volunteer and community power to scale food recovery efforts; and
- Increasing our fleet to include new Lakeshore Food Rescue vehicles and routes.
Position: Regular Full-Time, 40 hours weekly
Some evenings and weekends needed depending on event needs
Reporting to: Lakeshore Food Rescue Manager
Compensation: $42,000 - $49,000
Benefits: Full time positions are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package
About the position
Community Action House is seeking a Food Rescue Volunteer & Technology Coordinator to support the expansion of existing food rescue efforts and volunteer opportunities! This position will work closely with the Lakeshore Food Rescue and CAH People & Culture teams to create and maintain volunteer systems that drive recruitment, onboarding, daily volunteer opportunities and engagement. This role will also be responsible for managing the Food Rescue Hero App and acting as primary dispatch and technical support for volunteers and food donor partners.
If you are energized to tackle the technological learning curve involved in this position, and will enjoy working with volunteers in a highly collaborative environment, please apply!
Learn more about this role and submit an application at the following link: jobs.lever.co/communityactionhouse/7004daaf-f8d2-4d6a-94d4-cc915b4adcb1