LAUP Executive Director
Latin Americans United for Progress (LAUP)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Full time
Position Summary: The Executive Director of LAUP is the primary leadership role of the organization charged
with setting and carrying out strategy to achieve the organization’s vision and values. This position is a full time
plus position with paid time off as approved by the President of the Board of Directors.
- Keep accurate financial records, create and maintain annual budget, manage cash flow, produce monthly financial reports for Board of Directors, and ensure fiscal responsibility.
Fund Development & Communications:
- Foster diverse fundraising streams including but not limited to individual and corporate gifts, private and public grants, event revenues, and translation services.
- Maintain and develop relationships with funders through one-on-one meetings.
- Expand local revenue generation and fundraising activities.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications from web presence to external communications
- including but not limited to monthly newsletters, social media, and other communication avenues.
- Ensure program excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration.
- Actively engage and energize LAUP’s volunteers, board members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop a strong partnership with the board of directors to set a strategic direction for the organization.
- Assist with board development and orientation of new board members.
- Foster existing and develop new relationships with churches, businesses, and other non-profits.
- Serve as primary public spokesperson.
- Provide guidance and leadership for LAUP staff and volunteers.
- Ensure effective communication and vision which accomplishes the mission of LAUP.
- Ensure that all LAUP events and initiatives are executed in a timely and organized manner.
- Ensure all day-to-day functions associated with education and cultural programs, services and office operations are accomplished alongside the Programs Director.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees as well as foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement for all staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of people leadership experience, with some preferred experience leading manager-or-above level talent.
- Prior non-profit leadership experience strongly preferred; those with for-profit backgrounds, paired with compatible experiences and skills, will be considered.
- Fundraising or fund development experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to create meaningful relationships with new and existing donor populations.
- Experience securing grant funding from various sources preferred.
- Prior experience, expertise or advocacy work with educational and cultural programs or organizations is preferred. Lived commitment to LAUP’s mission and vision is essential.
- Demonstrated program design and management experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and public speaking skills are essential.
- 3+ years of budget management experience.
- Prior experience working with Boards of Directors or Committees preferred.
- Experience facilitating strategic planning and developing annual strategic objectives.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Mission- LAUP empowers Latinos to participate in creating a better community for all through advocacy, celebration & education.
- Vision- To be the Center of influence in our Latino community that builds bridges to opportunities and creates pathways to success for all.
- Programs- Youth and Adult educational programs
- Services- Translation
Salary: Starting at $50,000
- LAUP is an at-will employer.
- This agreement is not a contract.
- All employees serve for the sole benefit of LAUP.
To apply, please send resume to Board of Directors at email@example.com.