Hope College seeks a creative faculty member with solid experience to lead training, support, and best practices in digital instruction (online courses, hybrid courses, and face-to-face courses with technology dependent instruction). This person will partner with instructors and campus leaders to drive the effective integration of digital pedagogy in the Hope College curriculum. This position reports to the Associate Provost and is housed in the Van Wylen Library.
- Consult with faculty on sound instructional design principles; help faculty develop, implement, and continuously improve online, face-to-face, and hybrid courses
- Design and lead professional development workshops on digital instruction
- Collaborate with CIT on LMS/Moodle support and training for faculty
- Collaborate with the Digital Liberal Arts Librarian on technology instruction and support for Digital Liberal Arts projects
- Work closely with departments/instructors and the Director of Assessment to develop learning outcomes for online courses.
- Collaborate with the Director of Disability and Accessibility Resources on incorporating accessibility into technology-based courses
- Research emerging trends and technologies in the field
- Assist in the coordination and promotion of online courses; build capacity of campus to offer more digitally infused instruction.
- Work with the Associate Provost to develop learning innovation strategies designed to support a student-centered learning community.
- Serve on a Faculty Academic Computing Committee as a liaison to campus stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Preferred:
- Master’s Degree in instructional design; educational technology; or MLS/ MILS with certification in instructional design or a Ph.D. with exceptional documented experience in digital instruction.
- Experience with Moodle or other learning management systems
- Experience working with state-of-the-art digital content creation tools, other educational technology tools.
- Familiarity with instructional design models and their application to various modes of instruction.
- Familiarity with liberal arts learning outcomes and the role of technology in liberal arts pedagogy.
- Ability to understand diverse perspectives and embrace the significance of differences and complexities in background, cultures, values and viewpoints as the foundation for an inclusive environment.
- Ph.D. with a focus in education, pedagogy or instructional design
- Experience teaching online
- Experience with online video, tutorials, and/or other web-based learning objects.
- The ideal candidate should have classroom teaching experience, an understanding of teaching with technology, experience working with university faculty, strong design skills, experience designing and delivering workshops around best practices.
- Evidence of successful project management skills.
Hope College is committed to creating a diverse, ecumenical Christian academic community that invites all its members into a holistic and robust engagement with the historic Christian faith. The college’s board, faculty, administration and staff are committed to the Christian faith as expressed in the ecumenical creeds of the ancient church. Individuals interested in this position must demonstrate a commitment to the character and goals of a liberal arts college with a Christian perspective, including a mature understanding of and commitment to the historic Christian faith.
As part of the online application candidates will upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts (unofficial transcripts accepted for the initial application). Applicants will also submit a statement describing their fit to the mission of Hope College (https://hope.edu/about/mission.html). As it may not be addressed elsewhere in the application, applicants should devote particular attention to the ecumenical Christian aspect of the mission statement and their personal engagement with faith and/or a faith community. In addition, the applicant will provide names and contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide a letter of recommendation. Applications received by September 30 will be assured of receiving full consideration.
Click here to learn more and apply!