Holland Aquatic Center Lifeguards begin at $11.00/hour. Part-time, option for more hours and bonus pay during peak seasonal work. Training is provided if not certified upon successfully completing American Red Cross Pre-requisites.
The Lifeguards primary role is to provide immediate safety and/or emergency response to any patron and/or employee within the Holland Aquatic Center.
- Responsible for the safety of all patrons using the facility during fitness and recreational activities.
- Administer first-aid and CPR as required.
- Respond quickly, intelligently, decisively and in accordance with established emergency management procedures.
- Enforce all building and pool rules in a consistent manner.
- Enforce and follow HCAC policies and procedures in a consistent manner.
- Attend all in-services training sessions.
- Maintain your own certifications and keep them current.
- Identify facility needs and assist staff, and guests in all areas of the facility, as needed.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First-Aid, CPR/AED certification.
- Demonstrate ability to enforce all facility policies and rules consistently.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with adults and children.
- Display a mature attitude and judgment.
- Flexible schedule, available to work evenings, weekends, holidays and special events.
Please Contact Nathan Supanich if interested. 616-393-7595 ext. 116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org