Line Cook - Holland
Come join our team as a Line Cook at our Holland brewpub! We are looking for candidates with at least 1 year experience in food service. Work in the heart of downtown Holland's Social District, and work on a team that actually has your back. Great team! Great culture. Great perks.
Pay starts at $16.40/hour and goes up with experience.
What we offer you
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
- Great perks!
Participate in the preparation of food in advance of service, stock stations, prepare foods to order during service and maintain the organization and sanitation of the kitchen.
What you would do
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our Mission, Vision & Values.
- Stock and organize the line.
- Responsible for safety and sanitation of food and workspace.
- Prepare all product for service according to prescribed specifications.
- Follow policies and procedures of kitchen conduct.
- Maintain organization of the coolers and ensure proper rotation and temp of product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Participate in weekly cleaning projects.
- Constantly strive to achieve more knowledge and skill in food preparation.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
What you offer us
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to ten (10) hours at at time.
- Minimum 1 year experience in food service preferred.
- Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
- Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Kent/Ottawa County Department of Health.
Reports to: Executive Chef
At New Holland Brewing Company, we are on a mission to enhance the quality of people’s lives.
New Holland Brewing Company’s vision is to create savored moments for the world.
We Believe * We Engage
* We Own * We Lead
* We Act with Integrity * We Care
How your job supports the mission
Summary of a typical day
New Holland conducts job-related background checks prior to hire to ensure a safe and secure work environment in which current team members, guests, and company assets are protected, while protecting the integrity and confidentiality of information gathered during the evaluation.
Background checks are conducted on the finalist only following the issuance of a contingent offer of employment. At this point in the hiring process, you would be asked to authorize New Holland to conduct the background check. You would be provided with online authorization and disclosure forms that require identifying information, including other names used, Social Security Number and birthdate, current address, and contact information.
Candidates with questions are encouraged to contact the Talent Acquisition & Development Specialist from People & Culture at email@example.com.
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.