Line Cooks - NHBC Pub on 8th
- Participate in the preparation of food in advance of service, stock stations, prepare foods to order during service and maintain the organization and sanitation of the kitchen. This is a part-time position for The Knickerbocker in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- An innovative, growing company in our industry.
- A strong culture; one that is guided through our Mission, Vision and Values.
- A collaborative, caring, creative and engaging place to work.
- Lead and act in a manner that is consistent with our Mission, Vision & Values.
- Stock and organize the line.
- Responsible for safety and sanitation of food and workspace.
- Prepare all product for service according to prescribed specifications.
- Follow policies and procedures of kitchen conduct.
- Maintain organization of the coolers and ensure proper rotation and temp of product.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas.
- Work with a sense of urgency at all times.
- Participate in weekly cleaning projects.
- Constantly strive to achieve more knowledge and skill in food preparation.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Physical requirements
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to ten (10) hours at at time.
- Minimum 1 year experience in food service preferred.
- Prior exposure to a vast array and cooking techniques and methods.
- Familiarity with safe handling techniques prescribed by the Kent/Ottawa County Department of Health.
- Creating the best experience for the customer with the quality and consistency of the food you produce.
- Taking responsibility for everything you make.
- Creating a fun and engaging work environment while engaging and respecting peers.
- Going through station prep list and building station prep list for the day.
- Making sure all mise en place is in order and ready to go for the start of service.
- Working service.
The West Coast Chamber often takes photographs & video during our events for use in brochures and on the Web.
By registering you agree that the Chamber may use any image of you that might appear in photographs or video taken at a Chamber event.