Machine Repair (Autonomous Maintenance Technician) 2nd & 3rd Shift, 2:00pm-10:30pm, 10:00pm-6:30am ($32.72-$34.81/hr DOE)
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking for Autonomous Maintenance Technicians (Machine Repair) to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment.
- 6+ years of related experience is required
- Candidates must be available to work overtime including weekends and holidays
- Journeyman Card holder preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
Medical, Dental, Vision
Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
Starting Pay Rate $32.72-$34.81 (DOE)
Second shift an additional $1.00
Third shift an additional $2.00
New Hire Bonus Program
$700 – After 3 months
$800 – After 6 months
$1000 – After 1 year
For a total of $2500 from your start date!
Monday-Friday, including some weekends, 2:00pm-10:30pm; 10:00pm-6:30am
Plant & Community Overview:
Approximately 300 employees
1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the “pickle factory”, currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
Welcome to Holland: https://www.holland.org/
“From the award-winning downtown to the white sandy beaches, you'll fall in love with Holland's small-town charm and big-city amenities. Dine along the waterfront or at a local café. Hike to the top of a sand dune or climb to the top of a windmill! Shop for a paddleboard, or a pair of wooden shoes. We recommend you attend our world-famous Tulip Time Festival, visit one of our neighborhood art fairs, enjoy a theatre performance, stroll the downtown sidewalks, or tour a modern college campus. Sail the waters of Lake Michigan or hike the trails in one of our wooded parks. Watch a brilliant sunset over Lake Michigan. No matter what your interests, you won't be disappointed!” (Source: www.holland.org)
Responsibilities & Duties:
Provide line coverage in assigned area utilizing production and maintenance playbook processes and tools. Under the direction of production and maintenance supervision this position will be required to safely operate assigned equipment and maintain all line equipment to produce product right the first time. This person will mentor, and coach line operators as needed on various maintenance and operational aspects to master their technical understanding of equipment and process controls.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work station and area
- Perform setup, start-up, Adjust and Operation of Equipment; Proper Shutdown and Changeover as required by company standards
- Perform start of shift walk through and equipment checks and complete relevant line start-up check sheet
- Coordinate with operators to keep line running through breaks including operating equipment as needed
- Troubleshoot mechanical and basic electrical concerns of the equipment, maintain and improve integrity and performance of all focus line/s equipment, and complete scheduled work orders
- Communicate and coordinate with Maintenance and Production Leadership any maintenance activities required on assigned equipment to ensure optimum line efficiency and product quality
- Utilizing Maintenance Windows; perform preventive maintenance inspections and corrective work orders on all focus line equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Department to prevent mechanical and/or electrical breakdowns.
- Participate in the development and improvement of a documented 52-week maintenance plan as prescribed in the Playbook and residing in the SAP PM structure.
- Develop and implement improvements using the Breakdown Management process to prevent reoccurring equipment failures
- Utilize the SAP system to create notifications, perform and confirm completed work orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor