Job Title: Manufacturing Manager ~ Big Rapids, MI
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join our team in Big Rapids, MI.
As a Manufacturing Manager, you will:
Oversee three Haworth plants in Big Rapids and Ludington. You will strategically and operationally work with appropriate Haworth management to manage operations, including Production, Resources Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Skilled Trades, Maintenance/Tool & Die, and Quality to produce quality, on-time, cost-effective results. You will demonstrate Haworth principles and influence corporate strategic direction as driver of improvement initiatives supporting cost management, goal setting, member relations, customer satisfaction and quality systems. We are looking for a results-oriented leader that will continue to drive Haworth towards operations excellence.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, Operations Leadership, Supply Chain, Industrial Technology or Engineering OR 1 year of manufacturing work experience for every 1 year of education in lieu of bachelor's degree.
- 15 additional years of experience in “for-profit” manufacturing-based business, including 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Big Rapids, MI.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Experience managing a manufacturing plant with 300 of more employees.
- Working knowledge of quality, manufacturing planning, inventory control, engineering documentation systems, and operational financial systems.
- Experience with labor planning and people forecasting.
- Experience managing plant budget and financial spending.
- Experience conducting value stream mapping.
- Lean manufacturing credentials (Six Sigma, SHINGO, Black Belt).
- Master’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business Administration.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 certified quality control systems, lean manufacturing principals, Just in Time (JIT), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Total Process Management (TPM), team-based environments, and continuous improvement.
- Proven leader in successfully managing large numbers of people, projects, resources, and complexity, achieving superior results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to production/distribution environment; can flex schedule and effectively interact with members across three-shift (24/hours/day) operation; ability to climb/bend/move in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally, up to 15% of time.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.