Marketing & Communications Manager
Tulip Time is a non-profit organization that invites the world to share our Dutch heritage, tulips, and our community today. Primarily presenting a festival early May that draws over 500,000 visitors to Holland Michigan.
We are actively seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to join our energetic team that is results driven and collaborative. Our team collectively and individually embodies our Core Values of:
‘I Love Tulip Time’
Together we Achieve
Excellence with Enthusiasm
In the role of Marketing & Communications Manager, you will report to the Executive Director to plan a variety of events during the festival week (May) and throughout the year. Our values come to life while collaborating with the community, sponsors, and guests from around the world. Responsibilities will include:
- Graphic Design
- Merchandise selection/design
- Advertising strategy, vetting, placements, insertion orders and campaign themes; ad design
- Manage digital assets i.e. photography, videos, Flickr account
- Market research: Conduct post-festival event surveys sent to ticket holders/participants; prepare summaries
- Provide an innovative approach to problems and situations
- Social Media across all platforms; public relations; festival blog
- Festival storytelling and communication through e-newsletters & blog posts
- Media Relations
- Develop Tulip Time media kit (branding, press releases, visuals, etc.) for local/national media and group tour operators
- Manage the overall festival marketing communications calendar
- Manage & create content for Website including analytics.
- Event/Show Promotion
- Collaboration with the Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
- Share info on festival; brainstorm co-marketing efforts; share advertising info; share media contacts list
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with local businesses and non-profits
- Deal with unknowns, uncertainties, and ambiguities
- Work with many projects, initiatives and things going on at once
We believe a successful Marketing & Communications Manager will be motivated and organized to support our mission in the community.
- Bachelor’s degree - Marketing
- 3 -5 years minimum experience preferred.
- Evaluate and prioritize ideas and approaches
- Act decisively once necessary information and proof has been gathered
- Focus on practical innovations
- Cut through complexities so they become manageable options
- Technical abilities – proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required and Adobe suite required.
- Outstanding time and project management skills with the ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Ability and desire to work both collaboratively and independently with the public and staff.
- Knowledge of Holland history extremely beneficial
- Communication skills – public speaking, writing, leading meetings.
- Ability to work outside during all types of weather, however the job will primarily function in an office environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform with a contagious energy, positive attitude. This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay, great benefits, and providing fun in the community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for our Event Coordinator position to Gwen Auwerda: email@example.com by July 30, 2021.