When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Material Planner II to join our team in Holland, MI.
As a Material Planner II, you will:
Perform basic planning functions to support the manufacturing process and optimize constraints in manufacturing site to support order fulfillment. Create consistent loads, evaluate capacities and identify concerns. Develop and schedule workflow, expedite orders, manage inventory, and coordinate disposition of excess material. Regular contact with Operations, Inventory, Master Scheduling, Engineering, Customer Service, Transportation and Commodity Scheduling.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Operations, Finance, Communications or Engineering PLUS 1 year of material planning experience.
- If no degree listed above, 9 years of experience in production scheduling/planning, commodity planning, purchase order management, or inventory/warehouse management in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
- Ability to travel overnight, away from corporate offices, up to 15% of the time.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
• Intermediate to Advanced experience with Excel.
• Prior experience with ERP systems, especially SAP.
• Knowledge of material flow and supply chain functions.
• Experience using lean manufacturing concepts.
• Experience with level loading and capacity planning.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Understanding of JIT concepts and made to order
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Root cause problem solving skills.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at https://Careers.Haworth.com.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1131.