Member Service Associate
Attends to member and guests needs regarding processing transactions pertaining to registration and sales of programs/classes /events. Responds to routine requests for information via phone, email or in person in a professional and courteous manner. Able to resolve emerging problems or questions that may arise in a consistent, accurate and compassionate manner. Performs additional general clerical, cashier, and administrative support duties as assigned.
- Greet members and guests.
- Handle routine financial and registration transactions for general sales of programming, services and events.
- Schedules, maintains and performs data entry of class/program registration information within organizational computer software.
- Functions as the backup for incoming phone calls; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Provides departmental administrative support when needed.
- Assists with member and guest inquiries in entrance area when needed and available.
- Ensure all transactions run smoothly and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Resolve any customer complaints, guide them and provide resolution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or additional classes in accounting, finance or business preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years relevant experience working in an office/business or related setting that provides customer service functions.
- Effective clerical skills, including operation of standard office equipment and knowledge of basic computer software. Ability to learn organization specific computer software to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Exceptional interpersonal, customer service, communication and telephone skills.
- Prior experience operating of point of sale terminal/system
- Knowledge of cash handling practices, counting back cash and the ability to reconcile a cash drawer
- Ability to work in a busy environment and handle customers while also responding to incoming calls.