Navy Information Systems Technician
In the Navy, information technology (IT) plays an important role in everything from electronic mail systems to shipboard control systems to Special Intelligence (SI) systems. With a broad range of responsibilities, Navy Information System Technicians (IT specialists) operate and maintain Navy global satellite telecommunications systems, mainframe computers, local and wide area networks, and micro-computer systems throughout the Fleet.
Serving as Enlisted Sailors (high school diploma or equivalent required), Navy IT specialists are part of the Information Warfare Community – a group of highly specialized information experts fully integrated across surface, subsurface, air, space and cyberspace domains. With shared functions, capabilities and resources, IW members leverage their skills to optimize decision making and to maximize the use of sensors, weapons, network communications and control systems for purposes of national security and warfighting.
Please call James Root at 616-840-2016 or come by and visit my office at 3006 W. Shore Dr. Holland MI, 49424
• Supplemental/bonus pay
• Scheduled pay raises and regular promotions
• Post-9/11 GI Bill – funding for you or your family to use for school
• 30 days’ vacation with pay earned every year
• Outstanding retirement benefits, plus a 401(k)- like thrift savings plan
• Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
• Tax-free allowances for housing and meals
• Tax-free shopping privileges at military stores
• Free or low-cost travel opportunities
• Access to military bases, clubs and recreational facilities all over the world
• 100% tuition assistance while serving
• Credentials/Certifications through Navy Credentialing Opportunities On-Line