Night Audit (3rd shift front desk)- CityFlatsHotel, Holland
Employment with Suburban Inns is more than just a job!
SUMMER PREMIUM PAY: From now through October 2, 2021, all hourly wage Team Members will receive an additional $2.00 premium per hour for all regular and overtime hours worked!
Responsible for providing strong sales techniques and excellent guest service, according to Suburban Inns’ Core Values and Suburban Inns/CityFlatsHotel standards, as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Consult with 2nd shift about the occurrences of the evening
- Read the front desk log book and add any comments necessary throughout the shift
- Clean the coffee and Espresso machine in the lobby and replenish all amenities for the station
- Stock CityBru. Make note of anything we need and give it to the Guest Service Supervisor.
- Run night audit reports and follow the shift checklists each day, completing every task in order to ensure smooth and efficient hotel operations
- Investigate out of balance situations
- Make adjustments to accounts as needed
- Prepare and deliver Express Checkouts to guestrooms
- Vacuum the front desk area and offices
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace at the front desk and adjacent areas
- Perform property walk-arounds as needed throughout the shift, and address all issues encountered. All trash, used towels, room service trays, etc. must be picked up. Keep eyes open for any and all safety and security issues. Report any problems to the appropriate department and General Manager
- Responsible for the settlement and reconciling of guest accounts and paperwork
- Balance front desk cash drawer and CityBru cash drawer and make appropriate cash drops
- Follow all Suburban Inns processes
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- See the Guest Service Representative job description
- Other duties as requested by management
- Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. Requires typing, record keeping, and/or word processing. Good communication skills
- Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma or equivalent with at least one year of job-related experience.
- License, Registration, and/or Certification Required Strong interpersonal and communications skills. CPR Certification (may be completed upon hire)
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Communications: Daily, Verbal & Written, Participation in meetings
- Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work team which includes all departments within the property
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses
- Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change
- Manual Skills: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations
- Physical Effort: Some portions (10- 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day
- Physical Environment: Some portions (10-50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable
- Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, and/or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs
- Occupational Risks: Some portions (10- 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials
- Ergonomics Risks: Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures
- Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns
- Required Travel: Position does not involve travel to other Suburban Inns properties, client locations, and off site meetings
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines:
Uniform: Business Casual attire according to Suburban Inns guidelines. Close-toed shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: All facial piercings must be approved by management. Gauges in ears are not allowed on anyone who’s primary job function is interacting with guests. Hair must be of a natural color and kept well-groomed. All tattoos that are not covered by a work uniform must be approved in writing by management. Any tattoo that is deemed offensive to co-workers, guests, vendors or others in the workplace based on racial, sexual, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics or attributes of a sensitive or legally protected nature are not permitted and must remain covered or concealed at all times. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Vice President of Hotel Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor