Full-Time non-Exempt – 32 hrs/wK
Starting at $35,000/yr
The Friends of the Felt Estate aim to preserve history through preservation of the Estate; protect the environment with responsible use of the natural and built environments; educate through tours, classes, field trips, and seminars; and enhance the cultural environment through concerts and other performances. The Felt Estate and Shore Acres are an integral part of the West Michigan landscape – aesthetically and economically – by providing an educational and beautiful location for residents and visitors.
The Felt Estate is well-known as a wedding venue, and our organization is working towards increased community-facing programming and events that support our mission. As a nonprofit organization and an event space, we aim to enrich our community through the lens of historic preservation.
Reporting to, and in partnership with, the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will manage the day-to-day activities of maintaining building and grounds operations, support our independent wedding event team, and support various daily and weekly operational tasks and projects for both internal and external-facing relationships.
- Customer serviceincluding:
- Greeting visitors, answering incoming calls, and handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for general email inbox/inquiries to ensure timely responses and follow-up by appropriate staff, as needed.
- Works with the ED to create a schedule of the building’s open hours, including (but not limited to) ensuring self-guided tours and other community events are adequately staffed.
- Coordinates volunteer efforts in tandem with the ED and maintains positive relationships with volunteers.
- Coordinating scheduling and rental of the Carriage House Community Room.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to ensure the highest level of customer service across all constituencies (guests, contractors, partners, etc.).
- Supports fund development efforts through detailed record-keeping, data entry, and maintenance of a constituent database.
- In partnership with the ED, manages the maintenance of the facilities and related third-party vendors/contractors, including routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintains an orderly and professional business environment that is welcoming and highly functional.
- Office, kitchen, and other household supplies are maintained at proper levels, and inventory is maintained.
- Associate degree or higher, or equivalent education and experience.
- Two or more years of previous on-the-job experience in hospitality or nonprofit administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and OneDrive required.
- A customer service mindset in both internal and external relationships, building and nurturing rapport and trust, and placing high value on relational skills.
- Ability to think quickly and effectively manage day-to-day projects and tasks and a successful track record in setting priorities with organization and problem-solving skills that enable sound decision-making.
- A self-starter able to operate both independently and collaboratively, balancing independent judgment and decision-making with seeking clarification, collaboration, and following existing processes when needed and available.
- Commitment to the organizational mission of the Friends of the Felt Estate.
- This position is based at the physical location of The Felt Estate, in Holland, MI.
- This position is full-time non-exempt at 32 hours per week with flexible scheduling and will require the employee to work some weeknights and/or weekends as needed to accomplish the outlined responsibilities.
- Benefits include two weeks of paid vacation annually, flexible scheduling, and employer contribution to a Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) plan equal to 10% of annual income.
- This position requires the employee to be able to ascend and descend stairways frequently, lift and carry up to 40 pounds, and to load items of up to 40 pounds into and out of a vehicle.
The Friends of the Felt Estate is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Operations Manager application”.